Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Parking Sensor replacement parts?
Tim_C

Parking Sensor replacement parts?

Hi Guy n Girls

New to the forum so please be gentle!

I've searched and can't find my answer so please accept my apologies if this has been asked before.

Parking aid and Parking assist not functioning on my 2012 Dynamic Lux, flashing LED on the switch however there is no solid tone??

Diagnostics brings up
B1B38-96 FRONT RIGHT INNER SENSOR
- Internal Failure.

I am presuming this fault it causing both systems to not function with parking assist using the sensors as well as parking aid.

Anyway I can't for the life of me find the replacement part online. I've found plenty of the outer corner sensors but not the inner ones.

Also I have read that when the sensor fails you should get a solid tone when selecting reverse or pressing the parking aid button however I get no sound at all??? But like I say the LED flashes..

Cheers Tim
06-08-2017 07:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

RE: Parking Sensor replacement parts?

I think they may all be the same. Can you swap the inner and outer ones around and see whether you get a fault then showing up on the outer sensor?

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
07-08-2017 10:23am
Tim_C

RE: Parking Sensor replacement parts?

I haven't got the diagnostic tool at home unfortunately otherwise that would be a good shout.

Took all the front ones out yesterday to clean and check and have ordered a couple of replacements.

It's just the fact that there is no constant tone that worries me, just the blinking LED.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2017 09:19am by Tim_C.)
08-08-2017 09:18am