Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Park Assist Updates
beaker9199

Park Assist Updates

Hi Guys,

Just about to take delivery of a 2013 SD4 Prestige with park assist and wondered if it was a software update to add perp park and exit or there is hardware too?
30-01-2017 09:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
syl

RE: Park Assist Updates

Unless it's free and you happen to be at the dealer's anyway, I wouldn't waste your time and money. Does anyone really use park assist?

MY17 RR Evoque TD4 Autobiography
MY17 RRS SDV6 Autobiography
30-01-2017 10:58pm
wheels

I tried mine to see how it worked, but havent used it since
31-01-2017 11:28am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I believe that you can only have Perpendicular Parking as a factory fitted option, as such there isn't any software upgrade that LR dealers could apply and if they could, in the best LR tradition it would be horrendously expensive. I had it on my 2nd Evoque and IIRC it required Blind Spot Monitoring and some extra sensors to give you the approaching traffic warning that is part of the system. That bit of the set-up I found far more useful than either of the Park Assist functions. Also on 2014MY (so built from October 2013) Evoques couldn't have rear mud flaps and the perpendicular park function as the design of the rear mud flaps caused problems for the additional side sensors that are fitted for perpendicular parking

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2017 01:46pm by XFullFatTim.)
31-01-2017 01:43pm
rchrdleigh

Latest version allows for both perpendicular and parallel parking and parking exit from parallel parking. Don't believe it's possible to update older versions to the latest ones.
02-02-2017 10:35pm