Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Panoramic Roof Issues
WB
WB

RE: Panoramic Roof Issues

(04-07-2011 09:26pm)cjfp Wrote:  
(04-07-2011 09:08pm)wbessada Wrote:  Did anyone else notice a small crack in the rear passenger side corner of the panaramic roof on the silver pure 5 dr on display at evoque live in London? I pointed it out to the lr reps and they hadn't noticed it previously...

Hope this doesn't turn out to be a big prob.

@wbessada - so this is all your fault !! Laughing

Flipping heck I hope not!! Embarrassed
04-07-2011 09:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Acwats

I wonder if some of the journalists broke some last week?
It would be a bit of a PR disaster if there has been some sort of failure.

Nothing like a conspiracy theory and bit of wild speculation to set a few hares runningWinkWink still in the absence of any facts.....

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2011 09:56pm by Acwats.)
04-07-2011 09:54pm
Robbo

(04-07-2011 09:54pm)Acwats Wrote:  I wonder if some of the journalists broke some last week?
It would be a bit of a PR disaster if there has been some sort of failure.

Nothing like a conspiracy theory and bit of wild speculation to set a few hares runningWinkWink still in the absence of any facts.....

I read an article about someone who had driven the Evoque and he said the panoramic roof made the bodyshell feel stiffer. I am now wondering is the glass being put under stress as the body flexes. It would be nice if you Land Rover people who we know read these blogs could make a comment about this situation.
04-07-2011 10:04pm
Alex

I don't see how this can be a problem as panoramic roofs exist in several other vehicle models, and it's not as if the design has not been in existence yet.

Surely the overall design architecture would have looked at lessons learned from existing vehicle models to ensure a robust feature could be put in place.

On the Pure model at the show I also noted the drivers front front door hinge had come loose, and was making a sound when trying to open and close the door. One of the reps said that the car had gone through a rather rush job for the purpose of being at the show and shouldn't be seen as a quality benchmark to final builds.

I guess on the driving days I will do a close inspection of the vehicle, plus ask some questions.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
05-07-2011 09:03am