Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Panoramic Roof Issues
cjfp

Panoramic Roof Issues

Chased my dealer today re build/delivery dates and received the following:-

"There has been a bulletin out regarding the fixed panoramic roofs and that they are on backorder. It looks at the moment like your car could possibly go back to March (worst case scenario) but hopefully it won't come to that"

Needless to say I am quite peeved about this (especially as I am supposed to be No1 Pure on the list at this dealer!)
Maybe this means that people who had already prepared themselves for a wait until the middle of next year will actually get their cars sooner as a whole raft of people, who have already placed deposits and waited an eternity, finally through in the towel and buy something else!

I am trying to find out if this is an 'all derivatives' problem or whether they are just trying to annoy Pure customers!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2011 04:07pm by cjfp.)
04-07-2011 03:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
caroline11000

RE: Panoramic Roof Issues

(04-07-2011 03:34pm)cjfp Wrote:  Chased my dealer today re build/delivery dates and received the following:-

"There has been a bulletin out regarding the fixed panoramic roofs and that they are on backorder. It looks at the moment like your car could possibly go back to March (worst case scenario) but hopefully it won't come to that"

Needless to say I am quite peeved about this (especially as I am supposed to be No1 Pure on the list at this dealer!)

I spoke with LR & my dealer this morning and eventually got my build date of 28th October & delivery 10th November after persistently moaning, but nobody mentioned any issues with the panoramic roof! Have you got a build/delivery date yet? I was 20 something on my dealer list.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
04-07-2011 04:08pm
cjfp

@caroline11000 - no build or delivery date yet, that's what I was originally chasing them for!

Who did you speak to LR?
Fancy giving your dealer a ring again to see if he is aware of this bulletin?

Our orders look v similar apart from the colour (I'm Firenze Red)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2011 04:25pm by cjfp.)
04-07-2011 04:25pm
caroline11000

(04-07-2011 04:25pm)cjfp Wrote:  @caroline11000 - no build or delivery date yet, that's what I was originally chasing them for!

Who did you speak to LR?
Fancy giving your dealer a ring again to see if he is aware of this bulletin?

Our orders look v similar apart from the colour (I'm Firenze Red)

Cant remember the name of the girl from LR, I called the freephone number on their website. I think it is the fact that I stirred up my dealer that he actually got his finger out and placed my order. They kept fobbing me off by saying the order bank for the pure wasn't open yet & I wouldn't get the car till January. After I'd spoken to LR my dealer phoned me back and apologised at the way my order had been handled and assured me it was now placed. I insisted on a print out which I got with all the dates on Very Happy so I'm happy now.
I will have to look into the roof issue though, as that could be a setback Sad

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2011 04:58pm by caroline11000.)
04-07-2011 04:52pm
cjfp

Am told that it is affecting all derivatives - however, I do not know to what level.

04-07-2011 06:29pm
cjfp

Am told that it is affecting all derivatives - however, I do not know to what level.

04-07-2011 06:29pm
DynamicRRV

Bloody well hope not!!!!!!

Mine is supposed to ready in 9 - 10 weeks!
04-07-2011 07:15pm
cjfp

I suppose they must have a number of them 'in stock' - as I said, not sure how it is going to affect the overall situation.

04-07-2011 07:47pm
WB
WB

Did anyone else notice a small crack in the rear passenger side corner of the panaramic roof on the silver pure 5 dr on display at evoque live in London? I pointed it out to the lr reps and they hadn't noticed it previously...

Hope this doesn't turn out to be a big prob.
04-07-2011 09:08pm
cjfp

(04-07-2011 09:08pm)wbessada Wrote:  Did anyone else notice a small crack in the rear passenger side corner of the panaramic roof on the silver pure 5 dr on display at evoque live in London? I pointed it out to the lr reps and they hadn't noticed it previously...

Hope this doesn't turn out to be a big prob.

@wbessada - so this is all your fault !! Laughing

04-07-2011 09:26pm