Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Panoramic Roof - Insurance impact. IMPORTANT.
Big Dave

RE: Panoramic Roof - Insurance impact. IMPORTANT.

I'm not going to shame them as my policy states cover for windscreen, windows & sunroof, no mention of Panoramic Roof Cover.

I wasn't at all surprised when I contacted them and found that this area of the policy didn't cover the roof.

I'm with More Than Insurance, the same company you have listed as 'covered', hence my original query.

2.0 Si4 Dynamic 5Dr Auto, Fuji White, Lux Pack, Dynamic Plus Pack, 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys, etc etc etc
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 09:11pm by Big Dave.)
07-01-2012 09:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

With Admiral I specifically listed the pano roof as an extra and after some consultation they said I was covered with glass excess. Will check docs tomorrow just to be sure.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-01-2012 12:37am
ytshome

Anyone considering JLR insurance should read earlier threads. They are worse than useless and I didn't have to make a claim to know this.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 12:01am by ytshome.)
08-01-2012 12:37am
mywillia

(07-01-2012 09:01pm)Big Dave Wrote:  I wasn't at all surprised when I contacted them and found that this area of the policy didn't cover the roof.

Big Dave
You need to speak to the right person not the person who answers the phone. You need to go higher up than that and then ask them where in their policy it states that a roof, that is made of glass, that lets in sunlight is excluded from their Glass section? Referring to it yourself as a panoramic roof is just helping them and not you. Insurance is about definitions, if they tell you it's not covered because your roof is not a sunroof ask them where in the policy wording sunroof is defined and then tell them that Landrover call it a sunroof! They can't pull a definition out of thin air to suit the conversation you're having. If you haven't had sight of their definition in your policy wording you cannot be aware of it therefore if they haven't defined the meaning of the word sunroof or specifically excluded full length sunroofs then a reasonable person would expect that their glass sunroof would be covered. If i could speak to them for you I would. If the worst happens and you need to claim for your sunroof then you might have to fight and complain. You may even have to take your case to the financial ombudsman but their wording and lack of wording is your friend

Their policy also includes cover for windows under the glass section. Ask them if they've defined a window whilst you're on the phone!

Delivered:-
Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Coupe Manual with Lux pack
Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 01:04am by mywillia.)
08-01-2012 12:56am
Louie

(07-01-2012 03:53pm)DaveR Wrote:  For those with Landrover Insurance I just checke the policy cover under the windscreen and windows section......

We will not pay claims for the repair or replacement of sunroofs, glass roofs, panoramic windscreens, lights/ reflectors or folding rear windscreen assemblies under this section

Having read my LR Policy document I can confirm DaveR's comments, the pano roof would only be covered under the main policy not the windscreen / windows lower excess without affecting no claims bonus.

I must admit I would have thought most companies would only cover a pano roof under the main policy they are somewhat bigger than a normal sunroof.

However this is typical of the minefield that is is insurance, It will be interesting to see if we have a mild winter this year without all the claims that resulted after last years bad weather, whether insurance premiums will drop. I very much doubt it.

Pure SD4 Firenze Red, manual with tech pack, pano roof, auto dimming rear view mirror, xenons & fogs
Delivered Very HappyVery Happy[/font]
08-01-2012 01:28am
PhilSkill

Admiral policy book, looks covered...

1 Cover for your windscreen
We will pay:
. to repair or replace broken glass in your car’s windscreen or windows and any scratching to the bodywork caused by the broken glass, as long as there has not been any other loss or damage
Our Glass Repair Helpline (open 24 hours a day) is 0844 543 4426
2 What is not covered
We will not pay:
. any excess shown on your current Policy Schedule
. for replacement of the hood/roof structure of a convertible or cabriolet car when the glass forming part of it is not repairable
. for a courtesy car
. any windscreens or windows not made of glass eg perspex
. more than £25 for each glass repair or £50 for each glass replacement, if the repair or replacement is not arranged via our Glass Repair Helpline
. more than the market value of the car at the time of loss (less the excess)
Claims under this section will not affect your No Claims Bonus.
See also...
Page 20: General Exceptions
Pages 22-26: General Conditions
Pages 27-29: Extra Conditions (endorsements)

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-01-2012 11:41pm
ChuckieB

So what's Admiral's definition of a window? A glass sunroof is not a window?

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
08-01-2012 11:50pm
oraclejon

ok....after getting an email back from Admiral it looks like my inital concerns can be put to bed. As PhilSkill says above; they cover sunroofs under the Windscreen section o their policy.

Phew!

Worthy process though as it seems there are some insurers out there that will not cover them at all!

eD4 Pure, OG, 5 Dr, 19" Style 5, Pano Roof, Ebony Headling, Front Parking, Elec Tailgate, Elec Mirrors, Front Fogs.
09-01-2012 02:16pm
wavey.dave

I've just spoken to Admiral in advance of getting my car on Saturday, this is what I was told -

Unfortunately, we are unable to cover the Panaramic Roof in the event of a claim.
31-07-2012 06:54pm
wavey.dave

A further telephone call has got them to agree that the roof is covered as part of the main policy and not the windscreen policy. Anyone who's been told the glass policy covers them, I'd suggest getting clarification!
31-07-2012 08:06pm