Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pale coloured seats
Donny Dog

RE: Pale coloured seats

(19-02-2012 11:17pm)mnd Wrote:  SO i've used GTechniq L1 as soon as i bought the car, but a few weeks in, my drivers side right hand 'shoulder' of the seat is looking VERY black and dirty. Using some of the Land Rover Leather cleaner they gave me has not really helped and i'm afraid to really SCRUB hard for fear of wearing it away.

Either the L1 doesn't work well (and i used it very liberly and as instructed) or this is just what happens if you wear dark coloured clothing.

Any instructions to help remove??

thanks

It may sound heathen, but I have very pale leather in my Merc. and I use Jif when it gets grubby (albeit it has never got as bad as you describe) and it works fine and has never damaged the leather. (I just use a small amount on a damp kitchen cloth). The leather was not originally treated.
19-02-2012 11:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(19-02-2012 11:17pm)mnd Wrote:  SO i've used GTechniq L1 as soon as i bought the car, but a few weeks in, my drivers side right hand 'shoulder' of the seat is looking VERY black and dirty. Using some of the Land Rover Leather cleaner they gave me has not really helped and i'm afraid to really SCRUB hard for fear of wearing it away.

Either the L1 doesn't work well (and i used it very liberly and as instructed) or this is just what happens if you wear dark coloured clothing.

Any instructions to help remove??

thanks

Whatever you put on the seat won't prevent the dye in your clothes rubbing off. What it will do is prevent the dye attaching to the leather.

The LR cleaner seems to be useless.

Either get yourself some proper leather wipes or some diluted gtechniq W2 to clean off the dye Use a white cloth to clean and if necessary a leather cleaning brush. You'll need to recoat the L1 after a thorough clean.

I've been cleaning mine about once a month.
19-02-2012 11:47pm
mnd

(19-02-2012 11:47pm)WB Wrote:  Whatever you put on the seat won't prevent the dye in your clothes rubbing off. What it will do is prevent the dye attaching to the leather.

The LR cleaner seems to be useless.

Either get yourself some proper leather wipes or some diluted gtechniq W2 to clean off the dye Use a white cloth to clean and if necessary a leather cleaning brush. You'll need to recoat the L1 after a thorough clean.

I've been cleaning mine about once a month.

Ok great, thanks for the useful advice Smile
20-02-2012 12:14am