Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painted Bull bar and Diffusors
cutter7

RE: Painted Bull bar and Diffusors

Hi,

I'm thinking of adding a very light grey film on the front lamps, they do six variants in grey/silver, reason being is that the signature lights on the Xenons are IMHO to bright, and need toning down a few people have told me this, and i do agree with them.

Some of the Angel Eye Lights on the BMW cars are the same brightness and they can be quite blinding when approaching so i know what mine must be like to other people..

Tuning box is going well thanks, just turned over 8k with it..Very Happy

26-04-2012 10:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

What do people think the "Bull Bars" would look like painted in Atlas to match the other trim parts ?

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
26-04-2012 01:48pm
ScottG1975

(26-04-2012 01:48pm)speary Wrote:  What do people think the "Bull Bars" would look like painted in Atlas to match the other trim parts ?

Very nice! Cool

Im planning on getting mine done straight away when i finally take delivery at the end of May so will post some pic's when i get it back & you can see what you think? Im also thinking about getting both the front & rear defuser bits done in gloss black to go with the black contrast roof!
26-04-2012 02:53pm
speary

Does anybody know if all the parts below the painted bumper come off. they all seem to be seperate parts.
If they do, how easy would it be ?

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
01-05-2012 08:08am
Evoquative

(26-04-2012 02:53pm)ScottG1975 Wrote:  Very nice! Cool

Im planning on getting mine done straight away when i finally take delivery at the end of May so will post some pic's when i get it back & you can see what you think? Im also thinking about getting both the front & rear defuser bits done in gloss black to go with the black contrast roof!

Yes I'm hoping to take delivery this week and have it booked in next week to have the silver parts painted in gloss black, mudflaps and black alloys fitted. Then hopefully next weekend by "Baby" will be exactly as I would like - just wondering about black lettering which I may do later as well. I will post pics when it is completed.

Now a very happy owner of a Dynamic Si4 Firenze 5dr, black roof with lux & plus packs, black alloys, heated steering wheel, privacy, homelink & spare wheel.Very Happy
01-05-2012 08:16am
ScottG1975

(01-05-2012 08:16am)Evoquative Wrote:  Yes I'm hoping to take delivery this week and have it booked in next week to have the silver parts painted in gloss black, mudflaps and black alloys fitted. Then hopefully next weekend by "Baby" will be exactly as I would like - just wondering about black lettering which I may do later as well. I will post pics when it is completed.

I look forward to seeing the pic's when its all done, i to am toying with the black lettering but will hold off for now as it maybe a bit too much with black wheels & wing mirrors as well. Once i get it back ill see what i think & go from there.
01-05-2012 10:22am
Blackseries

(01-05-2012 08:08am)speary Wrote:  Does anybody know if all the parts below the painted bumper come off. they all seem to be seperate parts.
If they do, how easy would it be ?

The front diffusers does come off separately (to reveal the front tow hook) but my understanding is all the rest of bits that look separate (on both front and rear bumpers) but are in fact all plastic welded together. My guy un-welded all the parts, painted them and then re- welded them - my chap is a bit of a perfectionist!

Some people on this forum have had them painted insitu.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
01-05-2012 11:17am
speary

(01-05-2012 11:17am)Blackseries Wrote:  The front diffusers does come off separately (to reveal the front tow hook) but my understanding is all the rest of bits that look separate (on both front and rear bumpers) but are in fact all plastic welded together. My guy un-welded all the parts, painted them and then re- welded them - my chap is a bit of a perfectionist!

Thanks for the info, interesting

01-05-2012 01:29pm
zambiaman

Looking good! And I personally like the touch with the union jack

Arrow SD4 5dr Dynamic
Adaptive Dynamics, Pano roof, 20" style 6, blind spot, power tailgate
Cyprus based
01-05-2012 05:37pm
cutter7

Painted Bull bar and Diffusors

(01-05-2012 11:17am)Blackseries Wrote:  The front diffusers does come off separately (to reveal the front tow hook) but my understanding is all the rest of bits that look separate (on both front and rear bumpers) but are in fact all plastic welded together. My guy un-welded all the parts, painted them and then re- welded them - my chap is a bit of a perfectionist!

Also the rear section over the off side tail pipe can be removed as well, there are two bolts underneath.

This will allow you to use the rear towing eye..

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

02-05-2012 11:25pm