Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paint imperfection
PhilSkill

RE: Paint imperfection

Looks like water ingress under the laquer to me and an abrasion chip of some kind on the second picture. Probably the edge got a stone chip, allowed water in and the corrosion began.

My Set of Style 5's are showing a few bits like this although not as bad, I think that's why they withdrew the Diamond Cut Wheels.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
19-08-2015 03:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HotLap

RE: Paint imperfection

(05-07-2015 10:29pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I had the Range Rover caps replaced under warranty for the same reason, water ingress causing corrosion.

The bonnet looks nasty, if there's no break-through of the paint from a stone chip, I'd get that straight to a dealer see if you can get it done under warranty as it looks like corrosion under the paintwork and will likely spread over time!

Ditto, the bonnet looks nasty and appears to be trouble (looks like a rust pocket under the paint skin). If I were a potential buyer of your RRE, I'd have to reconsider as who knows where else this may be occurring? Get into your dealer and have them sort it out...

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
20-08-2015 06:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply