Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paint Flaw
Acwats

Paint Flaw

I washed the car for the first time today so got a good chance to check it over.

I'm starting to think that LR have rushed my car out despite the messages I keep reading from them about quality not quantity.

I've got two annoying rattles and now this. It's on the edge of the front wing where it meets the driver's door and in my opinion should have been spotted by any half decent QC check on exiting the paint shop.

What would you do?
[Image: paint%20flaw.jpg]

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2011 07:43pm by Acwats.)
06-11-2011 07:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kevoque

RE: Paint Flaw

Contact the dealer tomorrow and forward pictures to LR and cc LR customer services on your email and see who gets back to you first !!
Kev
06-11-2011 07:46pm
DDX

Paint Flaw

Yep. Agree with Kev. That's quite shocking.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
06-11-2011 07:52pm
Iain S

From the pic it looks like that has been touched in with a touch up stick. Is the painted raised slightly? If so it could have been damaged in transit or at the dealership and they have touched it in rather than repaint the panel. Not good on a new car and I'd be annoyed as well.

Arrived: Dynamic Si4 Coupe Firenze Red/Narvik Black
Arrived: Dynamic Plus Sd4 5 Door Fuji White
06-11-2011 08:17pm
rchrdleigh

(06-11-2011 08:17pm)Iain S Wrote:  From the pic it looks like that has been touched in with a touch up stick. Is the painted raised slightly? If so it could have been damaged in transit or at the dealership and they have touched it in rather than repaint the panel. Not good on a new car and I'd be annoyed as well.

Looks exactly like a poorly executed touch up in dealers rather than paint shop. I'd be onto dealer principal first thing to ask for it to be put right. Certainly not acceptable.
06-11-2011 08:44pm
Acwats

(06-11-2011 08:17pm)Iain S Wrote:  From the pic it looks like that has been touched in with a touch up stick. Is the painted raised slightly? If so it could have been damaged in transit or at the dealership and they have touched it in rather than repaint the panel. Not good on a new car and I'd be annoyed as well.

It appears to be under the lacquer. It's doesn't feel like a touch up job but who knows....

Will defo contact dealer tomorrow. I'm not going to LR yet as dealer has been great so far so I will give them a fair chance to fix it.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
06-11-2011 08:45pm
xxxx5

That is shocking, I bet I can guess what your first call will be at 9am in the morning.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
06-11-2011 08:47pm
Daigriff

Not good at all and very disappointing. The really annoying part is that it shouldn't be sent out like that in the first place.

I'd rather them take their time and get it right especially when you are spending this level of money.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
06-11-2011 09:17pm
WB
WB

Ouch! How big is that area?

I picked up a new mercedes a few years ago and it had a defect on the wing the size of a pin head (yes I know I'm fussy). They repainted the wing, put me in a courtesy car and gave me a £250 voucher against parts or servicing for the inconvenience. I didn't even make a big deal of it so will be interesting to see how LR deal with this.

I read someone else noticed a "crease" in their evoque bonnet after delivery so clearly quality control is not catching all the flaws.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2011 10:13pm by WB.)
06-11-2011 09:33pm
THEMACS

That is Truly Shocking!! I wouldn't bother phoning, just drop it off in the morning and give them the Keys Back!!!

I would not accept that, just shows how much you need to Check the car before you accept it!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
06-11-2011 09:46pm