Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paint Colour Choice
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Paint Colour Choice

(07-04-2011 08:08am)Alex Wrote:  Does LR offer some sort of colour shield protection.

Alex most dealers offer these as add-ons BUT before you decide to have it done check which one your dealer offers as there are good systems and less good systems. I have opted for the Gard-X system which LPR will arrange for £399, it does require monthly top-up with their own car wash additive though, but that just means I use their expensive detergent instead of the rather expensive stuff I use now. I looked at it this way - 2 good details a year will cost more and not last as long!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 10:28am by XFullFatTim.)
07-04-2011 10:26am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
x5pea

(07-04-2011 09:58am)FullFatTim Wrote:  
(07-04-2011 09:02am)x5pea Wrote:  red cars are the kiss of death at the moment from a sale perspective, if you are interested in resale value i would suggest steering clear of red and green.

Really ? I didn't think that would apply to certain cars that look their best in red - I haven't noticed any drop in Ferrari prices or difficulty in selling them when they are red........ Wink

ok ok ill give you Ferrari

There are a few exceptions but in pers opinion which can of course be ignore (mrs x5pea in fact does it regularly) red is a big no no given the current trends.
07-04-2011 12:37pm
Alex

Well I feel I'm going in circles with my choices but think we are going for Pure and due to the different trim details than say the Prestige I think I will now go for White - works better with the black trim. However depending on finances if we choose the prestige I think a more darker solid colour such as red works better with the trim difference from the pure - where I don't think white would work as strong.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
07-04-2011 12:46pm
Blackseries

It is quite weird how - for example (and in my opinion) Red looks great on a Dynamic - with all the black bits but looks a bit of a mess on a Prestige with the chrome waist and Atlas bits - just too much going on. Certainly dark colours seem to show off the Prestige’s attributes more.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
07-04-2011 12:54pm
x5pea

if i was ordering in 2012 id be going for havana premium metalic, looks very nice.

Shame they aint doing bali blue either Sad
07-04-2011 02:09pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

X5 I'm sure that could be arranged for you - all they do is divert the car into the Special Vehicles unit, dismantle it, spray it, put it back together again and stick an Autobiography badge on the back and charge you about £12k for the service................... if you are prepared to pay then the factory can custom build for you, but it does cost a lot. Many Defenders are built that way - it's how LR get those endearing inconsistant panel gaps on them........ every Defender is then unique

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 03:06pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-04-2011 02:49pm
Blackseries

(07-04-2011 02:09pm)x5pea Wrote:  if i was ordering in 2012 id be going for havana premium metalic, looks very nice.

If you order a Prestige or Dynamic you can have that colour from Nov 28th

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
07-04-2011 03:04pm
Kermit

(07-04-2011 12:54pm)Blackseries Wrote:  It is quite weird how - for example (and in my opinion) Red looks great on a Dynamic - with all the black bits but looks a bit of a mess on a Prestige with the chrome waist and Atlas bits - just too much going on.

Agree. Maybe if it was a very dark red like Alfa have.
http://smh.drive.com.au/photogallery/alf...tedImage=5
(07-04-2011 02:09pm)x5pea Wrote:  if i was ordering in 2012 id be going for havana premium metalic, looks very nice.

Metallic brown is a fashion colour at the moment. I see it daily on a Golf wagon. It reminds me too much of car colours of the '70s, and they were bad. Modern paint manufacturing techniques are doing a better job, but just as clothes go in and out of fashion, so do car colours.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 03:28pm by Kermit.)
07-04-2011 03:22pm
Blackseries

Here is a photo of Red with black roof - OK its not outside - but its in a more natural light setting - its the 2nd picture along.

x5pea - do you still think this would be hard to sell on - compared to an all white car? Honest opinion appreciated as you work close to the industry.

http://oneclick.indiatimes.com/topic/Land_Rover#

09-04-2011 10:09am