Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paint Colour Choice
paulus599

RE: Paint Colour Choice

(06-04-2011 10:37am)oop north Wrote:  
(06-04-2011 09:39am)Alex Wrote:  I just wish you could get the coloured roof on the pure model.

Is the different roof colour not available on the pure? I thought it was

Doesn't look like it, the website only shows two options, i.e. either with or without the panoramic roof.
06-04-2011 10:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
oop north

(06-04-2011 10:54am)paulus599 Wrote:  
(06-04-2011 10:37am)oop north Wrote:  
(06-04-2011 09:39am)Alex Wrote:  I just wish you could get the coloured roof on the pure model.

Is the different roof colour not available on the pure? I thought it was

Doesn't look like it, the website only shows two options, i.e. either with or without the panoramic roof.

The webbuilder shows the coloured roof as available on the Pure - but I know that does not guarantee it is actually available
06-04-2011 11:32am
paulus599

The webbuilder just shows either the 'solid' body coloured roof or the panoramic roof - no options for a contrast colour unfortunately.
06-04-2011 11:54am
Kermit

(06-04-2011 10:52am)FullFatTim Wrote:  maybe LR should offer nice safe beige

Permanent mud look.
06-04-2011 01:58pm
Alex

Does LR offer some sort of colour shield protection. After reading the responses I may just stick with my original Fuji white. As said if scratched shows up less due to the primer (on our current car 'Kuga' which has black metallic colour where there are scratches or marks at the front the white primer is noticeable - will not get black again).

I also now agree that the panoramic roof in black is a good enough substitute for not having the full option of another solid roof cover on the Pure model.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
07-04-2011 08:08am
x5pea

red cars are the kiss of death at the moment from a sale perspective, if you are interested in resale value i would suggest steering clear of red and green.
07-04-2011 09:02am
Blackseries

(07-04-2011 09:02am)x5pea Wrote:  red cars are the kiss of death at the moment from a sale perspective, if you are interested in resale value i would suggest steering clear of red and green.

As someone who is considering a Red car with a black roof - of all combo's I've seen so far it’s the one that best suits the car (IMO) and makes the car look like no other - is that comment based on a professional or a private opinion (or stats) - I would just like to be in possession of all the facts if I decide to change my order.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
07-04-2011 09:12am
x5pea

(07-04-2011 09:12am)Blackseries Wrote:  
(07-04-2011 09:02am)x5pea Wrote:  red cars are the kiss of death at the moment from a sale perspective, if you are interested in resale value i would suggest steering clear of red and green.

As someone who is considering a Red car with a black roof - of all combo's I've seen so far it’s the one that best suits the car (IMO) and makes the car look like no other - is that comment based on a professional or a private opinion (or stats) - I would just like to be in possession of all the facts if I decide to change my order.

I run a number of businesses focus around the automotive industry, however I have no hard facts to hand to back up my statement above. I would put my house on the fact that you would be not offer the same price on part ex (in todays market) of a Red RRE as you would to an identical car in white

If you like the colour combo then go for it, its you who has to drive it after all, Personally I wouldn’t buy a red car but if we all drove black range rovers the world would be a very boring place.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 09:56am by x5pea.)
07-04-2011 09:55am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Really ? I didn't think that would apply to certain cars that look their best in red - I haven't noticed any drop in Ferrari prices or difficulty in selling them when they are red........ Wink

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 10:00am by XFullFatTim.)
07-04-2011 09:58am
Blackseries

x5pea many thanks for your response......

I suppose the reason I changed my mind regarding the colour was before I saw the car in the flesh and had just seen pictures of it I was thinking - "mini Range Rover", when I saw it in the flesh I thought "sports car". I, probably like you, would have never (ever) considered a Red car before - but when I saw it the red / black colour combo I just thought WOW.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 10:08am by Blackseries.)
07-04-2011 10:07am