Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paint Colour Choice
Alex

Paint Colour Choice

I’m not sure whether to go for the no cost option Fuji White (solid paint colour), or the Firenze Red (Metallic) – we are going for the Pure – but the Prestige in Firenze Red with Santorini Black roof looks amazing except for the cost!  

We will be speccing up our car soon (perhaps this weekend), but does anyone know if dealers have physical colour samples of the colours on offer. 

This is our first RR so not sure if the colour choices are colours that exist on maybe other RR showroom models we could benchmark.

There is obviously some discretion to be taken with how you see the colours on your home monitors depending on how they have been calibrated etc. For instance the Fuji White on my setup looks more like silver and I have a professionally calibrated monitor (could be the IE browser though). Second when building the car online its using a graphical image so colours can look a bit misleading.

I really would like to see what the Red looks like, and see a difference between Metallic and Premium Metallic colours.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
06-04-2011 08:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Charlie
No Longer Registered

RE: Paint Colour Choice

There are a few new photos of Firenze out and the colour looks much nicer, less like pillar box red now. There is also a special edition FL2 in Firenze so whether dealers have them in yet or colour charts. This is my first LR too but have learnt that lots of colours are current ones.

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/freela...r-2-sport/
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2011 08:22am by Charlie.)
06-04-2011 08:20am
Kermit

(06-04-2011 08:10am)Alex Wrote:  does anyone know if dealers have physical colour samples of the colours on offer. 

Can't speak for other countries but Australian dealers have proper large samples, ie they are actually factory paint.
06-04-2011 08:54am
Alex

It's a shame they do not do a metallic white. Only bonus to the solid white is the ease at touching up any scratches (god forbid).

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
06-04-2011 08:54am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Alex, Stornoway Grey, Fuji White, Ipanema, Santorini Black, Barolo Black, Baltic Blue are already available for the other Land Rovers and Range Rovers so dealers have colour swatches for them and physical cars too although Barolo Black is presently only used for the most expensive Range Rover special editions. I would imagine in the next few weeks all dealers will have their sets of colour samples and the interior samples

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-04-2011 09:29am
Alex

Ok thanks - wrang up our Bristol dealer and they said they do not have anything yet but imagine they will get swatches in the next few weeks. That being the case may have to hold on placing our build this weekend.

They were saying out of all the colours the Red looks the best, based on th feedback from those that have seen the Evoque in red. I have a feeling it will be a popular colour choice.

I just wish you could get the coloured roof on the pure model. My Prestige choice came in at 41k approx which is 3K above my specced up Pure.

06-04-2011 09:39am
XFullFatTim

It will cost more but you could take your Pure to a bodyshop and get an aftermarket black roof sprayed on or invest in a wrap.
TBH I think having the panoramic roof is a nicer option especially if your interior options are Black or Black with a weird shade of red......... and it gives you 90% of a black roof!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-04-2011 09:47am
Wicksy

I'm debating whether to change my order to Firenze too - apparently non-metallic paints are more liable to stone chips which is putting me off my original choice of White - being my first Land Rover, is the paint normally good or is chipping usually an issue?
06-04-2011 10:33am
oop north

(06-04-2011 09:39am)Alex Wrote:  I just wish you could get the coloured roof on the pure model.

Is the different roof colour not available on the pure? I thought it was
06-04-2011 10:37am
XFullFatTim

(06-04-2011 10:33am)Wicksy Wrote:  I'm debating whether to change my order to Firenze too - apparently non-metallic paints are more liable to stone chips which is putting me off my original choice of White - being my first Land Rover, is the paint normally good or is chipping usually an issue?

Solid paint is no more prone to chipping than metallic, it's just that metallic paints have an extra clear coat of lacquer to protect them. I have ask LPR to get my Fuji White car Gardex Treated, however stone chips and scratches are less visible on white cars - that's why when I replace my Epsom Green Defender which looks awful now the clearcoat has almost been scratched off with offroad use in forests, with a White one. The colour of all cars under the paint is white or grey primer anyway.

Traditionally Red cars have always faded if left parked outside, black cars show every bit of dirty and polishing swirl, silver cars are the most difficult for bodyshops to match the repairs on.......... so maybe LR should offer nice safe beige

06-04-2011 10:52am