Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paddle gear shift
SEC

Paddle gear shift

By my count it's about 6 weeks til mine finally arrives. Yes, it's earlier than originally expected !
In the interim, I've been reading here about your experiences. One thing I've not noticed is much discussion about the paddle gear shift.
Is anyone using it and are there any specific things to be aware of ?
Happy for any feedback.

Pure, SD4, Fuji White, 5 Door, Ebony Leather, Pano Roof, Reverse Camera , Clearview, Pure Tech and Cold Climate packs, Privacy Glass, Rear Vents.

Delivered 21 September 2012 and the damn thing wont stop rattling ................
07-08-2012 11:55am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: Paddle gear shift

I use it all the time. Some claim there getting better MPG! It's very handy when over taking,as you can drop a gear before flooring it Wink
Also for city driving as the auto mode will keep changing up & down the box for no reason.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
07-08-2012 12:20pm
RacingSnake

another one here who uses it all the time, usually subconsiously too!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
07-08-2012 08:42pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rvsvet

Also using it all the time. Surprised but happy to find that paddle shift in sport mode gives equal if not better fuel economy to D mode, with better driving experience.

SD4 5 dr Dynamic Auto in OG with verve interior, Shadow Chrome style 7 alloys, Pano roof, privacy glass and spare wheel. Collected 25th May. 900 miles driven in 1st month.
07-08-2012 11:01pm
NightFox

Used to use mine all the time on my RRS, could get much better mpg than the auto box. Worth taking the time at first to force yourself to use it until it's as natural as driving a manual, then you can freely go between auto and paddleshift as you like.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
08-08-2012 09:35am
Hamish

Just got my car last week, i"ve been playing with the paddles, so far so good. I travel down a huge hill every day (about 4-5 K's long) drop back gears for engine braking, no longer have to sit with the foot on the brake all the time. Driving in general using them is pretty enjoyable to boot.
11-08-2012 07:18am
QUEEVO

Paddle gear shift

Really liking the options this offers... Will take the advice and do some paddle training tomorrow Smile

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
11-08-2012 12:37pm