Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Out of warranty
RogB

RE: Out of warranty

Well seeing as Ive just had a new transfer box, gear box, crank case seals and other assorted bits yet to be confirmed on the invoice, Im so glad I bought LR Approved.

The cost for parts alone was at least £3700, and yet the price I paid for the car last August was on a par with non franchise prices offering 3 months basic after market warranty.

I doubt I will keep the car much beyond its approved warranty run out date, but will hopefully be able to swap it out for a newer higher spec model at the time. Its just not worth the risk of something major going bang IMO

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
17-01-2017 09:57am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mighTTy-RRE

I decided against the extended warranty last year, then had a Haldex fault which would have cost around £700 to fix, when the dealer advised it would be fully covered under goodwill. Result!
17-01-2017 10:39am
Earl grey

In case anyone is not aware you can get a quote on line for a LR extended warranty through this link:

http://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/war...ranty.html

EG

2014 Pure Tech, Orkney Grey with Black Pano Roof, Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass and Front Fog Lights
18-01-2017 03:56pm
doug

There's only To things you need extended warranty for

1: video recorders Confused
2: Land Rover vehicles Very Happy

It's like any extended warranty your gambling if it will ever be needed. If anything major was to happen to my evoque even as its 5 years old i would expect good will under the turn "not fit for purpose".

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2017 08:10pm by doug.)
18-01-2017 08:09pm
PJRComputerSolutions

When I had my BMW 320d, I paid 4 the Warranty Monthly, after the Approved Warranty Expired, which came in useful a few times....Does NE1 know whether the figures being quoted are 1-Off Charges or can they be paid monthly?

Cheers
18-01-2017 11:40pm
Doody

i looked around for extendeds (in the US) on my 2012 and they were all fully-paid up-front. no monthlies or other payment plans.

fwiw,
doody

2012 Prestige Premium
19-01-2017 12:38am
Earl grey

(18-01-2017 11:40pm)PJRComputerSolutions Wrote:  When I had my BMW 320d, I paid 4 the Warranty Monthly, after the Approved Warranty Expired, which came in useful a few times....Does NE1 know whether the figures being quoted are 1-Off Charges or can they be paid monthly?

Cheers

If you go on the link I posted earlier you will see that there are a number of warranty options available and I suspect the cost is customised depending on vehicle age and mileage. My Pure Tech is coming up to three years old, 21000 miles and the quote for the cheapest Land Rover Select Warranty (in UK) is £575 for the year which can be paid either as a lump sum or ten equal payments of £57.50 by direct debit.

EG

2014 Pure Tech, Orkney Grey with Black Pano Roof, Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass and Front Fog Lights
19-01-2017 12:34pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Also if your car has fallen out of the LR servicing programme you can still get the extended warranty subject to an inspection carried out by a Land Rover dealer. The results of the inspection will determine the type/ amount and cost of cover that you will be offered. Of course fair Wear and Tear are excluded but so might so significant mechanical bits if you haven't had main dealer servicing............ that is the finding of many used RRS buyers over on RRSport.co.uk where there are numerous threads about which are the best insurers for extended warranty as well as details of what is covered.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-01-2017 01:12pm
PJRComputerSolutions

Mine is also a a Firenze Red Pure Tech MY14 Bought in April this year.....In addition to the 2-Year Approved that came with the Pure, I opted for a further 2-Years @ £999.00, so £500.00 per Year....So still got just over 3-years Left, of hopefully Worry-Free motoring....But if the Worst comes to the Worst.......But if after My 4-Years of ownership, will definitely, look into extending the Warranty, ATM, the Car has only done just over 11K, in nearly 3 Years of Motoring......
19-01-2017 08:04pm