Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Our MY2016 is on the drive
1stRangie

Our MY2016 is on the drive

We have said a sad farewell to the 2012 Coupe and a great big hello to the new MY2016 four door (I guess I should change my user name from 1st to 2nd). After three and half years of almost faultless service, it was quite a wrench. Concerns about our parents ability to get in and out of the back meant we bit the bullet and went for four doors...
The LED headlights seem pretty impressive even compared to our old adaptive xenon's and may almost be worth the (many Crying ) extra pounds, but we do spend a lot of time driving on unlit country roads...
After only one drive so far; the engine is so much quieter and smoother, the seats seem more comfy and the leather softer. The EPB doesn't disengage as easily at the moment and the manual gearbox is quite tight but I am sure both will loosen off with more regular use. The technology is way ahead (apart from the maps on sat nav) with better rear camera, eco displays, 4X4 displays, then there is InControl which seems more impressive than previously reported (but after only two days that could change). I will never wonder what the speed limit is because there is a little speed limit icon in the dash, which seems to spend quite a bit of time flashing at me Embarrassed. I haven't had time to kick the bumper to see if the tailgate opens so time will tell on that one. Yes we do have the two 'fins' on the spoiler but we won't see much of them until spring next year (and to be fair I don't mind them)! But very best of all, according to the eco screen, the best journey so far averaged almost 60mpg (it didn't say which one and it was probably programmed by Bosch/VW so I will take it under advisement...:lolSmile

MY2016 Dynamic HSE four door, Yulong White and a few selected additions. Gone but never forgotten; Dynamic SD4 Coupe, Fuji White...
05-10-2015 09:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Our MY2016 is on the drive

Does 2016MY not have the ASL (Automatic Speed Limiter) like RRS? You set the fastest you want to go and even with the cruise on you won't go over the selected max speed. Very useful for long sections of average speed cams.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2015 10:56pm by XFullFatTim.)
05-10-2015 10:55pm
vcanalsb

RE: Our MY2016 is on the drive

Congrats for the new baby Very Happy Looks like you are happy with the change. I have a MY2013 Dynamic and I´m seriously thinking in changing it to a MY2016 one, and take advantage of the few things I learned from owning one for 3 years... One of these things would be the rear camera, as the back view without it is really bad. Another thing I would like to have is a heated steering wheel, as it seems the clima needs a long time on cold mornings to heat the car. I like your comments on the new engine and seats, as it is my main concern. I´m quite happy with my actual car, no complaints after 3 years of ownership. I will take a look if you post any more comments on yours to see if I finally decide for the change or not Rolling Eyes Thanks for posting your experience.
06-10-2015 05:59am