Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Our Evoque and a Muddy Wet Dog
Ryker

Our Evoque and a Muddy Wet Dog

Owned our Evoque (Fuji, Tech Pac, Pana Roof, Cirrus Interior - called Millie) for approx. 2 months now & still loving her. Sadly for us, we lost our family pet prior to picking up Millie so after 19 years of having numerous four legged friends (Irish Wolfhounds); we decided to not get any more dogs & have a break. The only positive at this sad time was that we didn't have the dilemma of having to put our dog in the Evoque.

Rewind to a couple weekends ago. Beautiful sunny day in Canberra, great day after all the rain to go for a drive. Chatting away, admiring the sky (thank you pana roof) only to see a scruffy limping Wolfhound X (therefore not giant but still big in size) waiting on the side of the road.

Automatically we pulled Millie off the road & the stray came over. We then realised she was very smelly & wet with very muddy paws. We also then remembered we now owned an Evoque with cream colour leather seats, not and old VX Black Commodore ... and no blanket.

But, without a second thought (OK, maybe a few thoughts & I did contemplate taking my dress off to use as a cover) we pushed the seats down & she gladly jumped in (wouldn't you .. its an Evoque!!).

I think we made it to the closest vet in light-speed but not quick enough for the cabin to lose that new car smell & be replaced with wet dog smell. I could hear the mud from her paws being ground into the carpet and watched as her wet bum rubbed on the sides & roof of the Cirrus (CREAM!!) interior.

But, we got to the vet, she was micro-chipped so they were able to find her owners & our good deed was done.

Then, after practically running out of the vets, we drove home & with the speed of a SWAT team, pulled out every cleaning apparatus we had & spent the next hour working on her.

And testimony to Land Rover upholstery, every muddy mark came out, nothing was damaged, the hair lifted and the car now smells great - albeit like OMO!!

Moral of the story, if you find a lost wet, smelly dirty dog and you are in your Evoque, stop and rescue it it - but I would suggest you pack a blanket beforehand!! Very Happy

[/i]
22-09-2013 09:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mark^^

RE: Our Evoque and a Muddy Wet Dog

Well done with the dog rescue and the returning your car to pristine conditions.

I live outside Canberra on a rural property and also have a large dog, a 1 year old 60kg Great Dane. However, the Evoque is too small for my dog (that's my reasoning), so when he has to travel its in my Ford Territory.

In the advent that he does have to travel in the Evoque I brought one of these for the cargo area: http://www.ukcustomcovers.com/collection...boot-liner .

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
22-09-2013 10:52am
Amadeus

Ryker, well done you. A good deed done!

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
23-09-2013 08:22pm
BA74

+1. I'm sure the dog appreciated the ride!

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
25-09-2013 08:48am