Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Orkney Grey TD4, 5 Door Pure + Tow Bar + Personalized Mats (Photos now Added)
mohastie

Orkney Grey TD4, 5 Door Pure + Tow Bar + Personalized Mats (Photos now Added)

Ordered my TD4 5 door Pure OG early September, for delivery middle January. Only built on 2nd March, and ready for colection tommorow. No complaints as it means I get the new Reg. Trading in my "bullet Proof" 2.2 diese Rav4, which has been a fantastic motor. Only needed a front brake calliper over the 6 years and 67000 miles I`ve had her. Real mpg is 44.3 mpg, mainly on rural A class roads, at steady 50-60mph. No city driving or stop starts in traffic. Same 150bhp as my 2.2 TD4, so will be interesting to compare like for like mpg on same roads and driving styles. Will put up figure once she has had a chance to loosen off. Was going to go for another Rav as this one has been so reliable, but latest model looks crap. As soon as I saw the Evoque , there could only be one choice, it looks stunning outside and in. Cost was about £6000 more for the Evoque, compared to the Rav, but managed to convince the wife it would be worth going over budget because of the cheaper road tax and better mpg. Bit worried about the mpg after reading all the reports on this forum. I realise most people on hear think nothing about the odd 4-5 grand hear ot there, and that running costs don`t come very high up their list of priorities, but 31000 is a huge investment in a car for me. Running costs do matter to me as the payments per month for the next 3 years will make a sizable hole in our household budget. But the lure of owning such a stand-out motor will be worth tioghten our belts for (I Hope) As I said earlier, I will post real mpg and some photos on hear later, if I can drag myself out of the drivers seat for long enough. Click link below for photos
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=...5953041571
TD4 5 Door Pure,Orkney Grey, Rear Privacy Glass, Tow Bar, Front Fogs, Spare Wheel, Standard 18inch Alloys, Front Parking Cencors, Rear Parking Cammera, Folding Mirrors , Front and rear Mud Flaps.Ebony Interior.WinkWink

Orkney Grey , TD4 Pure, 5 Door, Spare Wheel, Rear Privacy Glass, Front Censors, Tow Bar, Mud Flaps (still to come), First 3 services for £930.
(This post was last modified: 24-03-2012 04:09pm by mohastie.)
18-03-2012 11:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SebM

RE: Orkney Grey TD4, 5 Door Pure to collect tommorow.

Congrats !

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
19-03-2012 08:39am
caroline11000

Congrats. The real mpg is lower than I would have hoped, but what a fantastic car! Look forward to seeing the pics Very Happy

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
19-03-2012 09:34am
ED209

very similar spec to mine, enjoy!

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
19-03-2012 09:34pm
mohastie

(19-03-2012 09:34pm)ED209 Wrote:  very similar spec to mine, enjoy!

Cheers ED, Just home after collecting mine, and don`t worry, it will be well worth the wait. I never had a test drive when I ordered my Pure 7 months ago. Took Top Gear review at its word. This car is unbeleivable to drive. Why anyone would want the SD4 is beyond me. The TD4 is a crakin engine, great acceleration, loads of low down grunt and very smooth. I was a bit worried about going from a top of the range Rav4 to a near entry level Evoque, but the looks, build quality , handling, and overall driving experience put this motor in a completly different leaugue to the Totota. Bonus of a deal on my first 3 services for £925, was well chuffed after reading usuall price is £1200 for first 3. Also worried about not upgrading to 19 inch rims, but car still looks fantastic on the standard 18 inchers. They still fill the arches fine. Hope yours won`t be much longer ED, but I will say it again, you will not regret waiting. Very HappyThumbs Up
(19-03-2012 08:39am)SebM Wrote:  Congrats !

Thanks SebMTongue Out
:
(19-03-2012 09:34am)caroline11000 Wrote:  Congrats. The real mpg is lower than I would have hoped, but what a fantastic car! Look forward to seeing the pics Very Happy

Cheers Caroline. You are spot on, what a fantastic car. Only problem, the dealers forgot to order my mud flaps, so she will have to go back in again when they come in. Will try to get some photos on in the next couple of days.Tongue Out

Orkney Grey , TD4 Pure, 5 Door, Spare Wheel, Rear Privacy Glass, Front Censors, Tow Bar, Mud Flaps (still to come), First 3 services for £930.
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2012 10:31pm by mohastie.)
19-03-2012 10:25pm
441kali

Congrats! Very similar to mine..love to see some photos!
20-03-2012 12:18pm
Ianpembs

(18-03-2012 11:22pm)mohastie Wrote:  Ordered my TD4 5 door Pure OG early September, for delivery middle January. Only built on 2nd March, and ready for colection tommorow. No complaints as it means I get the new Reg. Trading in my "bullet Proof" 2.2 diesel Rav4, which has been a fantastic motor. Only needed a front brake calliper over the 6 years and 67000 miles I`ve had her. Real mpg is 44.3 mpg, mainly on rural A class roads, at steady 50-60mph. No city driving or stop starts in traffic. Same 150bhp as my 2.2 TD4, so will be interesting to compare like for like mpg on same roads and driving styles. Will put up figure once she has had a chance to loosen off. Was going to go for another Rav as this one has been so reliable, but latest model looks crap. As soon as I saw the Evoque , there could only be one choice, it looks stunning outside and in. Cost was about £6000 more for the Evoque, compared to the Rav, but managed to convince the wife it would be worth going over budget because of the cheaper road tax and better mpg. Bit worried about the mpg after reading all the reports on this forum. I realise most people on hear think nothing about the odd 4-5 grand hear ot there, and that running costs don`t come very high up their list of priorities, but 31000 is a huge investment in a car for me. Running costs do matter to me as the payments per month for the next 3 years will make a sizable hole in our household budget. But the lure of owning such a stand-out motor will be worth tioghten our belts for (I Hope) As I said earlier, I will post real mpg and some photos on hear later, if I can drag myself out of the drivers seat for long enough.
TD4 5 Door Pure,Orkney Grey, Rear Privacy Glass, Tow Bar, Front Fogs, Spare Wheel, Standard 18inch Alloys, Front Parking Cencors, Rear Parking Cammera, Folding Mirrors , Front and rear Mud Flaps.Ebony Interior.WinkWink
Lucky you sounds a nice spec I ordered similar a SD4 5 door in OG, with Ambient Interior which looks too light for my needs changing to Vibe (black) interior. I would be really interested on which tow bar you went for and how it looks on vehicle as would want one but not sure which type to go for. Enjoy.
20-03-2012 03:36pm
mohastie

(20-03-2012 12:18pm)441kali Wrote:  Congrats! Very similar to mine..love to see some photos!

Thanks 441kali. Should have some photos on tommorrow night. Have you received yours yet or stll on order?Confused
(20-03-2012 03:36pm)Ianpembs Wrote:  Lucky you sounds a nice spec I ordered similar a SD4 5 door in OG, with Ambient Interior which looks too light for my needs changing to Vibe (black) interior. I would be really interested on which tow bar you went for and how it looks on vehicle as would want one but not sure which type to go for. Enjoy.

Thanks Ian. I also got the darker leather(ebony on the Pure) and it looks great. Hopefully no problems with stains or discolouring in the years to come. I got the Land Rover quick release tow bar with the 13 pin electrics. The lads at the dealers fit it, not factory fitted which was a surprise. But they did a great job. I read on this forum about huge chunks of your bumper being cut away to make it fit, and to go for a Witters because there is less cutting, but stuck with their own brand because had Witters on my Rav4, and it was covered in rust within 9 months. There was only a 4inch by 4 inch square cut out from under the bottom edge of the bumper, and the edges are finnished off really well. the whole thing looks really neat, i am well impressed. It takes nothing away from the looks of the back of the car. I will try to get some photo`s on tommorrow night.

(This post was last modified: 20-03-2012 08:44pm by mohastie.)
20-03-2012 08:08pm
Ianpembs

Thanks for your reply thats a great help as I read the same article as yourself and was worried about cutting the bumper, I liked the idea of a removable towbar but was worried a gapping hole left when it off but it sounds like they have done a good job. Enjoy your car you lucky so and so and thanks for getting back.
20-03-2012 09:50pm
J77

Another scot to our exclusive TD4 club. Thumbs Up

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 20-03-2012 10:16pm by J77.)
20-03-2012 10:16pm