Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Orkney Grey Prestige 5 Door in Daylight
Blackseries

RE: Orkney Grey Prestige 5 Door in Daylight

Here is a picture of the Pure trim - it's a rather poor photo but hopefully you can see the trim is darker. Sort of half way between Prestige and Dynamic.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
08-07-2011 10:13am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

Silver badge on the back, so me thinks its a prestige not a pure??

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
12-07-2011 08:18am
berlin2011

(12-07-2011 08:18am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Silver badge on the back, so me thinks its a prestige not a pure??

Also has colour coded mirrors = Prestige?

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
12-07-2011 08:29am
ant

I'm pretty sure it's a Prestige. The wheels are 19" style 4 - 6 spokes, (nco on the Prestige). They are the wheels I've gone for. I like the colour a lot - it looks almost like a Tungsten Silver, rather than a "grey" ...... but my favourite is still Firenze.
Ant

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
12-07-2011 05:03pm
blacktrees1

Are you guys 100% certain that these pics are Orkney?

I went to local dealer today to see an Orkney Freelander. It can only be described as blue/grey and does not look the same as the picture of the Evoque in the picture.

If you look at the Freelander behind the Evoque in the picture I'd say that is Orkney after seeing it in the flesh. Wouldn't you all agree that is a different colour to the Evoque.

Delivered : SD4 Prestige / LUX / 5 Door / Manual / Orkney Grey / Vibe / Privacy / Style 7 Shadow Chrome / Ordered April 2011 / Built 9th Jan / Delivered 18th Jan Smile
14-07-2011 09:58pm
Baron

Just ordered one for wife. Saleman thought bugger all differance between Stornaway and Orkney. Swatches of Orkney looked lighter but still grey no hint of blue.

Ordered Dynamic in orkney metalic and 190ps diesel for wife. Delivery October.
Happy lady Cool I'll stick with my TDV8 Sport Wink
14-07-2011 10:53pm
Blackseries

(14-07-2011 09:58pm)blacktrees1 Wrote:  Are you guys 100% certain that these pics are Orkney?

All I know is I saw this car come out of the factory (in amongst about 20 Freelander’s) go through the end of production-line outdoor tests and the drive down the road to the compound. I assumed as it had just been built (7th July) it must be Orkney. The Freelander behind in my opinion was an awful colour ... it looked non metallic.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
14-07-2011 11:26pm
blacktrees1

I really hope that the ones in the picture are Orkney. I would be very pleased as they look great.

I know what you are saying... that Freelander colour is awful. Very blue and as you said not a metallic look to it.

This is my concern, I've ordered Orkney and still haven't been able to get LR to confirm with a picture what it looks likes. The dealer samples have no resemblance. I took the Orkney sample to the Freelander and it was nothing like. Dealer couldn't explain it.

Also tried LR customer service... with no joy.

Let's hope some confirmed pictures from LR come soon

Delivered : SD4 Prestige / LUX / 5 Door / Manual / Orkney Grey / Vibe / Privacy / Style 7 Shadow Chrome / Ordered April 2011 / Built 9th Jan / Delivered 18th Jan Smile
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2011 06:45pm by blacktrees1.)
15-07-2011 09:47am