Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordered a week ago................has it only been a week??!!!
Chunk

Ordered a week ago................has it only been a week??!!!

I loved the whole process of test driving and should I vs shouldn't I but the future arrival in august of my 2nd child has made me decide to sell my current 3rd car which is a v6 Clio (mk2). Love the car to bits but it has to go in the summer, the garage will be no longer and a play room will take it's place. I also fancied changing my family chariot (320d msport) and I originally discounted the evoque on cost but after deciding to get rid of both of these cars the evoque looks and drives like a worthy successor.

Been waiting a week now and it's going to be as much of a nightmare as selling the Clio. Good thing is getting ready for the new baby will keep me and my wife very busy.

Anyway spec is as follows (let me know your thoughts)

Orkney grey sd4 auto dynamic
Style 7s (hopefully back in stock for me)
Dynamic plus interior in ebony (not even seen them in the flesh but look amazing!)
Lux pack
Heated wheel
Spare wheel

Chunk ( a very excited future owner)

Ordered Feb 2012 - Orkney grey 5dr Dynamic SD4 Automatic. Lux pack, Dynamic plus Pack (velocity ebony leather) ebony headliner and gloss black finishers. Shadow chrome style 7s, heated steering wheel and a spare wheel just in case! Build date 6/7/12 delivery date 23/7/12. Built 3/7 pick up 14/7!!!!!
18-02-2012 11:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
edgedata

RE: Ordered a week ago................has it only been a week??!!!

When I ordered my Evoque back in mid September last year, March seemed a lifetime way.
Time indeed did seem to go very slowly before Christmas but since then everything speed up and March is almost here. 12 days before I finally get my Evoque!

Looks like you and your wife have plenty to look forward to this year what with the new car and a new baby. Congratulations of both counts.

Here's hoping your wait passes quickly.

Mark

Previous: 12MY Pure 5dr SD4 Tech Auto Orkney Grey : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Ebony Int : Rear cam : Folding mirrors : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Fogs : Privacy glass
Now : 14MY Dynamic SD4 5dr 9speed Firenze Red : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Privacy glass + more...
19-02-2012 12:18am
Chunk

Cheers Mark, can't wait for our new baby and then a 2nd present later in the year!!

Those 12 days might take a while to pass though for you!!??

Ordered Feb 2012 - Orkney grey 5dr Dynamic SD4 Automatic. Lux pack, Dynamic plus Pack (velocity ebony leather) ebony headliner and gloss black finishers. Shadow chrome style 7s, heated steering wheel and a spare wheel just in case! Build date 6/7/12 delivery date 23/7/12. Built 3/7 pick up 14/7!!!!!
19-02-2012 12:31am
edgedata

The 12 days will be agony as I run a Company that does quite a lot of work for the dealer and I visit the garage two days a week at the moment so I will see it sat there, nice and shinny, every time I'm there.

Previous: 12MY Pure 5dr SD4 Tech Auto Orkney Grey : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Ebony Int : Rear cam : Folding mirrors : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Fogs : Privacy glass
Now : 14MY Dynamic SD4 5dr 9speed Firenze Red : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Privacy glass + more...
(This post was last modified: 19-02-2012 12:44am by edgedata.)
19-02-2012 12:44am
BenCour

I'm soooo feeling your pain right now. 1 week done, 17 to go.

I do like my LR2/FL2 2008 but I'm ready for change !

Ben
19-02-2012 03:32am
ED209

clio v6 will become an appreciating classic, evoque will eventually depreciate a lot. I would keep the v6
19-02-2012 08:01am
Evo-king

Chunk, I don't want to rain on your parade, as waiting for the Evoque is exciting, but reading this forum a lot as I do, your 320d M sport will be much more frugal than the 2.2sd4.

That said I don't care, just want the Evoque to be sitting on my drive.

Enjoy your wait, mine is 5 months and counting.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
19-02-2012 06:33pm
Chunk

Thanks so far for replies.

I was expecting the whole 'keep the Clio its a classic it will appreciate' well ok I will keep it in your garage, if you pay for servicing for the next 10 years including another 2 engine out cam belt jobs and discs pads and tyres etc. I've had the car for 4 years and it hasn't appreciated yet. Anyway ive decided I'm getting another toy when the kids are bigger (maybe an atom next) lol

Evoking my beemer does 50mpg all day, expecting half that in the evoque but what a car to drive, should also be safe as houses for my expanding brood!!

I must point out I took 3 months to order the car, didn't just do it on a whim.

19-02-2012 11:27pm
Asty

In the same boat as you but it's only been two days for us! Being a company car their preferred dealer has a lead time until October so we really do need to try and forget about it Smile

How long are you expecting to wait?

Arrived - Pure SD4 Mauritius Blue, tech pack.
19-02-2012 11:28pm
Chunk

Sept/early October delivery!!! Hopefully it will fly in!

19-02-2012 11:47pm