Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Order placed..will I get it before I'm too old to drive do you think?
chidd

Order placed..will I get it before I'm too old to drive do you think?

Just placed an order for a 5dr Prestige SD4 auto...Very Happy

Santorini, Ambience, Macassar, pano roof, privacy, heated steering wheel, auto-dimming rear view, keyless entry.

The (large Southeast) dealer is quoting 'July/Aug, worst case' but that sounds quite optimistic to me.

What do you think?

Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE; Evoque Prestige SD4 auto
06-02-2012 08:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

RE: Order placed..will I get it before I'm too old to drive do you think?

(06-02-2012 08:48pm)chidd Wrote:  Just placed an order for a 5dr Prestige SD4 auto...Very Happy

Santorini, Ambience, Macassar, pano roof, privacy, heated steering wheel, auto-dimming rear view, keyless entry.

The (large Southeast) dealer is quoting 'July/Aug, worst case' but that sounds quite optimistic to me.

What do you think?

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

No Chance!!!!
Sorry, I forgot to say welcome Very Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 09:01pm by THEMACS.)
06-02-2012 09:00pm
ED209

I think i will get mione before i am too old to drive, I think the car will have had a facelift though by i get one lol
06-02-2012 09:17pm
MartinP

Welcome chidd
It sounds realistic to me as a couple of dealers were quoting August to me a few weeks ago.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
07-02-2012 09:05am
chidd

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Scanning the site, there seem to be wild variances between one person's experience and another. Some people still seem to be waiting for cars that were ordered before launch, while others have already received cars that were ordered at Christmas.

So what's the deal? Are some dealers or customers getting priority; is it down to certain specs / shortages of certain parts?; luck of the draw?; pestering your dealer...?

Does anyone actually know how the queuing system works, who manages it, etc?

08-02-2012 09:29am
MartinP

You have to shop around if you can to see which dealer can offer you the best timing as it all depends on how many of their allocation they have sold and that's why you will read on here of people getting their car quickly while othere have waited months. This link covers the issue....

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Finally-Got-Build-Date

but there are lots more.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
08-02-2012 01:30pm
chidd

(08-02-2012 01:30pm)MartinP Wrote:  You have to shop around if you can to see which dealer can offer you the best timing as it all depends on how many of their allocation they have sold and that's why you will read on here of people getting their car quickly while othere have waited months. This link covers the issue....

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Finally-Got-Build-Date

but there are lots more.

Thanks Martin, very useful thread.

I rang my dealer yesterday and asked about their allocations, size of holding pool etc. Based on current orders / allocations, he was very confident that July was realistic, with August as a worst case and June possible if production picks up. Supplier problems and other possible delays aside of course.

He mentioned that they are starting to pick up orders from other dealer groups that are getting swamped - he said a dealer group in Surrey is quoting December delivery on new orders, purely due to order volumes vs allocations. London dealers also struggling with order volumes apparently...

All hearsay of course and like most salesman, he's probably just telling me what I want to hear!

09-02-2012 11:07am
PigLauncher

(06-02-2012 08:48pm)chidd Wrote:  Just placed an order for a 5dr Prestige SD4 auto...Very Happy

What do you think?

Very similar. I have just ordered an Orkney Dynamic, Manual, Pano Santorini Black Roof, Lux Pack, Shadow Alloys and god knows what else. I was given a July / August delivery time at Teesside. If it arrives then the wife will have to pick it up so I don't actually want it until September. I may yet have the opposite problem to most.

Manual Dynamic, Firenze, Chrome Shadows, Santorini Pano,Verve,Ebony Headliner,Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons.TPMS. June the 20th.
10-02-2012 01:35am
THEMACS

(10-02-2012 01:35am)PigLauncher Wrote:  Very similar. I have just ordered an Orkney Dynamic, Manual, Pano Santorini Black Roof, Lux Pack, Shadow Alloys and god knows what else. I was given a July / August delivery time at Teesside. If it arrives then the wife will have to pick it up so I don't actually want it until September. I may yet have the opposite problem to most.

I thought that when we ordered in June 2011 for a 1 March 2012 delivery. LaughingLaughing How Wrong I Was!!! You might be lucky to get it for the 13 RegLaughingLaughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
10-02-2012 09:59am