Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Order delay
ktjoinery

Order delay

Just got back from holiday and called dealer to check delivery was still on for next Monday, now he tells me that because he went back into the order to add the spare wheel, the delivery date will now be mid to late November, despite changes being done before the cut off date for changes to spec!

I've sold my old car privately with deal done for this weekend, it's like being in a house buying chain, nightmare!!Sad
22-10-2012 05:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Order delay

Well you could tell your dealer that he just dropped you in the muck and would he lend you an Evoque now your delivery has fallen back.....
If he won't then buy a banger for a couple of weeks, run it and then sell it when your Evo arrives, if you get it right you might even sell the banger for more than you paid for it! Mondeos seem to be popular among forum owners waiting for their new Evoque.

BTW welcome to the forum

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-10-2012 06:56pm by XFullFatTim.)
22-10-2012 06:55pm
caroline11000

Oh how annoying! Surely they could have told you about a change in delivery when the spare wheel was added to the order. I would push the dealer for a loan car until yours is in, even if it isn't an Evoque it would at least solve your problem!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
23-10-2012 08:56am
ktjoinery

(23-10-2012 08:56am)caroline11000 Wrote:  Oh how annoying! Surely they could have told you about a change in delivery when the spare wheel was added to the order. I would push the dealer for a loan car until yours is in, even if it isn't an Evoque it would at least solve your problem!

Dealer has come up with a Freelander loan car for the duration so at least I can keep the insurance going.
Annoyingly I did ask them to come back to me if there were any probs with the spec change , but hearing nothing I was in blissful ignorance until I called yesterday.
This is the first Range Rover we have had after many years of BMW who I have always found to be pretty good on the communication side of customer service.
Ah well 2 weeks or so and it will all be about the car not the dealer!
23-10-2012 08:35pm
ED209

could they not have just got the car and then added the spare later?

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
23-10-2012 09:43pm
ktjoinery

(23-10-2012 09:43pm)ED209 Wrote:  could they not have just got the car and then added the spare later?

From what he tells me the damage is done once they go into the order system, one click on the mouse, 2 week delay.
23-10-2012 10:07pm
WB
WB

That type of delay shouldn't happen and I've heard that straight from the mouth of a senior LR person - I do wonder if the dealers mess up changes somehow.
24-10-2012 12:14pm
ktjoinery

(24-10-2012 12:14pm)WB Wrote:  That type of delay shouldn't happen and I've heard that straight from the mouth of a senior LR person - I do wonder if the dealers mess up changes somehow.

Yeah I am inclined to agree with you!
24-10-2012 01:05pm
NightFox

Sadly the one thing that many Land Rover dealers don't seem to be very good at is... ordering cars from Land Rover.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
25-10-2012 10:57am