Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Order Pool Query
Agouti

Order Pool Query

I wanted to add Xenons and different wheels to my order but I have been told that the order is now in the holding pool and I may not be able to change. Anyone know if this is correct.

They did say I could change but would go to the back of the que and instead of Mar/April dleivery it would be August. Crying

On Order: 5 Dr Pure SD4 Auto, Firenze, Tech pack, Xenons, Style 6 wheels, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Front Fogs, Privacy glass, Due Late March 2012
16-01-2012 06:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: Order Pool Query

The holding pool as far as i am aware means the build hasnt even gone tot the factory, you should be able to change anything you want without it affecting your place in the line.
16-01-2012 06:31pm
RacingSnake

Holding pool is the mash up with everyone else, change away!
Dropping out of the pool and changing might affect your place... And about 1 month ish before build you'll be asked to finalise your spec.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 16-01-2012 07:33pm by RacingSnake.)
16-01-2012 07:32pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

I was told last week that if you change once the oder has been sent to factory, then your order will be put back, this was from the dealer as he discovered this when he found that builds were coming through late where people were changing little things! Basically, the factory then put it to the back of their queue!! SO be very careful!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
16-01-2012 07:37pm
PAT

I could see it potentially being affected if you were making big changes, say from 3 to 5 door but not the changes you've mentioned.

I must have changed my spec while in the holding pool about half a dozen times without any issues.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
16-01-2012 07:38pm
caroline11000

Agouti I added xenons & rear camera after my order was in, it didn't affect my dates. I was told that only big changes i.e. 3-5 door may alter the dates. On the factory order form it says the last date for change before it is locked in usually about 5 weeks before start of build. I must say I am glad I added xenons they are a much better light and the signature light looks amazing compared to halogen!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
16-01-2012 07:57pm
Agouti

Thanks for the responses, I defo want the changes and I think they there was a bit of scare mongering going on.

On Order: 5 Dr Pure SD4 Auto, Firenze, Tech pack, Xenons, Style 6 wheels, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Front Fogs, Privacy glass, Due Late March 2012
16-01-2012 08:02pm
The Valeter

Even once the order has been called to the factory you can change spec. My order was called on 23rd December but spec allegedly can be changed till Feb 22nd & the car goes to build on March 16th.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 16-01-2012 08:11pm by The Valeter.)
16-01-2012 08:10pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

If your in the holding pool, doesn't that mean that your order has yet to go to the factory and is still with the dealer yet to be submitted?? In which case, there shouldn't be any delay by you amending. But from what I believe, once your order is accepted and you change, you will incur delays from your expected delivery, thats just what my sales guy told me.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
16-01-2012 09:25pm
DefLeppard

I don't know if the same order system is used worldwide.....
But I've seen the Australian order screen , and it is quite clear....

On screen it shows all the dates - order date, build date and most importantly - last date for changes before build.

Eg Mine is Build date 3rd Feb 2012, and the computer showed 11th Jan 2012 as last day for changes.
My dealer said you can submit changes after this, at the mercy of your potentially having your build slot changed.

He said he had done a few changes for various customers orders after the final change date. Some stayed the same build date, some moved out by 4-8 weeks. And he doesn't know the outcome until he hits submit.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
17-01-2012 12:40am