Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Order Deadline
Fordste

Order Deadline

Just want to get an overall opinion on this matter. I placed my Evoque Dynamic + Lux order back in Oct and was told by the dealer that i would receive a phone call before the build date, to allow me to finalise to see if any changes needed to be made.

My wife decidedd to buy me some additions for Christams, one of which i was very excited about. Since i have not recieved any phone call/communication, i contacted the dealer on Monday to make the changes, only to be told that the deadline date had past and that it was the beginning of December. Needless to say i am very annoyed by this.

The dealers explanation was first, "i have been out of the office for several weeks" and then "it is not our normal practise to phone clients". At this i replied, that you should not have made that statement in the first place.

If i am truthfull, it is not the case that i can no longer change the order, as my previous spec is excellent, it is the appraoch by the dealer which as annoyed me.

Is this practice normal with Range Rover / Land Rover or have i picked a duff dealership?
11-12-2013 09:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IKM

RE: Order Deadline

Unbelievable contempt for customers from your dealer. If it wasn't for your wait and possible deposit I'd tell him that you no longer wish the car due to his and dealer's attitude. I'd certainly make LR customer services aware of this deplorable service.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
11-12-2013 10:31am
CRC@LandRover

Hi Fordste,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the dealership.

Each dealership do have an ordering system that will give them an approximate last date of order change. In general this is around 3 weeks prior to the vehicle build date although this can vary depending on options and availability and is only a general guideline.

I would like to discuss this further with you, however your PMs are currently disabled.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
11-12-2013 10:50am
Fordste

(11-12-2013 10:50am)Pete@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Fordste,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the dealership.

Each dealership do have an ordering system that will give them an approximate last date of order change. In general this is around 3 weeks prior to the vehicle build date although this can vary depending on options and availability and is only a general guideline.

I would like to discuss this further with you, however your PMs are currently disabled.

Many thanks,
Pete
Hi Pete.
Thanks for your reply. Do you know how i could enable my PM?
11-12-2013 11:05am
CRC@LandRover

At the top left hand corner you should see User CP if you select that, then choose Options from the left hand side and on that page you will see an option to tick to allow private messages.

EDIT: I have also just realised this was your second post, I believe there is a 5? post minimum to allow you to send and receive PMs, so a couple more posts should open up your PMs.

Hope that helps.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 11:49am by CRC@LandRover.)
11-12-2013 11:31am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You can get your post count up by posting a few smileys on various threads............ or making helpful comments in threads. Welcome to the forum by the way! Yes it is 5 posts before PMs will be activated.

Pete have you tried clicking his email button on his posts to reply? I don't think there is a minimum postr requirement for email.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 06:16pm by XFullFatTim.)
11-12-2013 06:13pm
Fordste

(11-12-2013 06:13pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  You can get your post count up by posting a few smileys on various threads............ or making helpful comments in threads. Welcome to the forum by the way! Yes it is 5 posts before PMs will be activated.

Pete have you tried clicking his email button on his posts to reply? I don't think there is a minimum postr requirement for email.

Thanks for your advise Very Happy
11-12-2013 08:37pm