Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Operation Purenamic
Delta

RE: Operation Purenamic

(24-02-2012 04:23pm)WB Wrote:  The trim wasn't too difficult to remove. There is a video on youtube. You'll need a plastic trim tool and I'd recommend going as slow as you can because they can fly out.

The wrapping itself was very easy - take a look at my link and I think I put a list of what you need - just a few tools and a hairdryer.

I thought about wrapping the grill and while I do think it would be possible it would take a very long time because of the holes. If you really want it matt then I'd recommend looking into Plastidip which is like a spray on vinyl that is removable and comes in all sorts of finishes including matt black.

Thanks WB
yeah I plan on doing a wrap instead of plastidip I actually considered it because of all the holes but then a buddy of mine has an Audi he plasti-dipped all the chrome pieces and it's nice. It was evenly placed with a few coats. But it looks more like a primer finish not Matt finish, hence me wanting to wrap it.
It would take a LONG time to do though on that grill. Hmmm I have an idea but I'll see how it goes.

Speaking of plasti-dip http://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/4...e-car.html
24-02-2012 10:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

(24-02-2012 04:23pm)WB Wrote:  The trim wasn't too difficult to remove. There is a video on youtube. You'll need a plastic trim tool and I'd recommend going as slow as you can because they can fly out.

The wrapping itself was very easy - take a look at my link and I think I put a list of what you need - just a few tools and a hairdryer.

I thought about wrapping the grill and while I do think it would be possible it would take a very long time because of the holes. If you really want it matt then I'd recommend looking into Plastidip which is like a spray on vinyl that is removable and comes in all sorts of finishes including matt black.

I cant find your link!. when I get my White Pure I was thinking of getting all the trim bits wrapped in a shiny black carbon fibre.

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
28-02-2012 02:42pm
tigerninefive

The link to the video is here

Take care though - the guy makes it look like you just yank it off easily... but if you're not careful and you do that then a few of the clips will break (happened to me!). Especially on the rear section - maybe the've changed the clips since the video because mine didn't look like the ones in the video and were a lot tougher to remove.

Arrived: Pure SD4 5dr auto, OG, tech pack, style pack, pana roof, power tailgate
02-03-2012 06:16am
EvoqueRebl

Just for the experience, we wrapped our side vents in a carbon fiber and it looks fine. Then, for comparison, we bought plastidip at Home Depot in the states. It wasn't expensive at all! We plastidipped the grey letters on the back as seen on the Facebook page PUREEVOQUE - they give a screen by screen demo there - and I've been to the carwash many times with no issues to date. I hope to do my wheels next. Thanks for sharing. I think http://www.PureEvoque.com is going to sell black after market accessories so the other models can look more like the Evoque.
28-11-2012 03:04pm