Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
On Its Way!!!
CSJ

On Its Way!!!

Finally been told by the dealer that they got my car today and I should be able to have it on Tuesday or Wednesday provided they don't find anything wrong with it.

Put my order in in early August with a then delivery of 6th December, so just over a month late if I get it next week.

Its been an anxious wait given the number of posts on delays but I have to say my dealer has been ok, and I have tried not to wind myself up to much wondering when I would get it.

I sold my car in September as I was going to be out of the country for October and November, I spotted a black Dynamic in Sydney and a Ipanema Pure in Singapore in November and they whetted my apetite! The dealer was aware that I would be back in the UK on December 5th and I was dreading the call to tell me I would not have the car.

To be fair to the dealer (having heard nothing from him since I placed the order) he called me without prompting on December 6th just one day after I got back.

He apologised that he did not have my car but was able to tell me that mine was only one of two that had been called from the pool for the dealer for a December build and that he should have the car in January. He then asked me about my circumstances which were difficult in view of some disabled parents, asked that I leave it with him and that we would call me back. He was true to his word and offered me a loan of an Evoque from December 14th. I appreciate that they can't do this for everyone but I was very grateful given my circumstances.

I have to say that I have enjoyed driving the Si4 for the last few weeks and the car I borrowed was fully loaded with just about every extra. It will be very interesting to see how my SD4 compares to the Si4. My only negative on the Evoque Si4 after doing about 1500 miles in it is the fuel consumption, it really is as thirsty as some of the threads on here have suggested. other than that , what a car!!

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
05-01-2012 06:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alibeau

RE: On Its Way!!!

Well if you don't mind, I will join in with your celebrating as my Evoque also arrived at mydealership today and I am collecting on Tuesday morning Very Happy

Woo hoooooooooo for us Thumbs Up (apologies to those still waiting).....

Ali Very Happy

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
05-01-2012 06:45pm
caroline11000

Great news!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
05-01-2012 08:06pm
PAT

Great news for you both and having changed my order from a SD4 to the Si4 I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on the comparison CSJ Thumbs Up

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
05-01-2012 08:08pm