Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Old LR.com pricing misleading as it looks like the dealer has overcharged.
Wife's car

RE: Advice please. Overcharged by the dealer for new Evoque

Evoqueinred , I hope you have found out where the discrepancy is, but just for info, I have had my Evoque for 14 months now, but when first ordered I had a similar issue, the price was as described on the LR website and the configurator, however when the sales executive went to speak to the finance director, I noticed that the payments quoted were considerably higher than I had calculated, long story short it turned out that the dealer had added gap insurance and super guard to my order increasing the price by over a thousand pounds, without even mentioning them to me, neither of which I wanted.
It would be worth checking for things like that,because that's where the dealer makes a good markup.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 07:29am by Wife's car.)
20-05-2014 07:29am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evoqueinred

RE: Advice please. Overcharged by the dealer for new Evoque

(20-05-2014 07:11am)mark_n Wrote:  Key to understand is that the web-site lags reality, especially when it comes to new options and prices are, at best, a guide. The dealer should have given you a detailed order with prices broken down so that you can see where the disparity is with the web-site but be careful about VAT in comparing things (web-site prices included VAT, line items on a dealer order do not with VAT bundled in at the end) and also keep in mind the on-the-road prices of the car includes registration and first year VED.

If your car is not coming to November, it will be a MY2015 which, IMHO, is more important than whether it's a 14 or 64 plate.

Tim can help you with InControl. My assumption is that the InControl Secure is better than an after market fit tracker because there is the opportunity for its security to be more deeply integrated into the car's electronics and therefore more difficult to defeat. Whether that is true, I have no idea!

Interesting head-up display is £1000 - quite expensive. Your car is quite highly spec'd, what's it coming out at, £50k? Diesel or petrol?

The options are broken down individually and are all ex vat. My comparison is with the vat added back in. Reg and RFL added at the end, as was 5 years servicing. I have slept on it and gotten over it now, Dealer has given me new prices and land rover are still showing the old ones. The car on the road with 5 year service plan is £49309. Its diesel.

(20-05-2014 07:29am)Wifes car Wrote:  Evoqueinred , I hope you have found out where the discrepancy is, but just for info, I have had my Evoque for 14 months now, but when first ordered I had a similar issue, the price was as described on the LR website and the configurator, however when the sales executive went to speak to the finance director, I noticed that the payments quoted were considerably higher than I had calculated, long story short it turned out that the dealer had added gap insurance and super guard to my order increasing the price by over a thousand pounds, without even mentioning them to me, neither of which I wanted.
It would be worth checking for things like that,because that's where the dealer makes a good markup.

Thanks.

I declined both the supaguard and thier GAP.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 07:57am by evoqueinred.)
20-05-2014 07:55am
Evo-king

RE: Old LR.com pricing misleading as it looks like the dealer has overcharged.

Oh the perils of the new buyer.

The LR way is somewhat different and confusing. Never helped by a Website that lags.

There is plenty of good advice offered on here with damn good reading to go through. Along with good contacts and member knowledge.

It seems like you are getting the picture now.

One key thing that don't seem to be aware of is that you can generally change your order spec right up to the order lock down, that is when the factory has to allocate all of your build items from various suppliers. Though so certain items may put your build back, this has happened in the past due to supply shortages or very new tech, but maybe not such of an issue now.

Try to enjoy the process.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
20-05-2014 08:18am
evoqueinred

(20-05-2014 08:18am)Evo-king Wrote:  Oh the perils of the new buyer.

The LR way is somewhat different and confusing. Never helped by a Website that lags.

There is plenty of good advice offered on here with damn good reading to go through. Along with good contacts and member knowledge.

It seems like you are getting the picture now.

One key thing that don't seem to be aware of is that you can generally change your order spec right up to the order lock down, that is when the factory has to allocate all of your build items from various suppliers. Though so certain items may put your build back, this has happened in the past due to supply shortages or very new tech, but maybe not such of an issue now.

Try to enjoy the process.

Thanks Evo-King. How long after the order was placed does it go to lock down? I am still trying to decide id I want the intelligence pack and incontrol secure? Bearing in mind I only placed the order on Sunday 18th May.

Thanks.
20-05-2014 09:21am
Tony

The web site and the downloadable brochure are way out of date and do not fully reflect what you get for MY14 never mind MY15. LR are really bad at supplying up to date prices and specs, even the dealers don't know.

Ours is due to be built this Thursday or maybe Friday, or again it might be tomorrow!! i.e last of the MY14 cars. We will not know exactly what we have until it turns up in respect of minor items. Order shows it includes aeroflip as part of the LUX pack, illuminated tread plates are standard in the brochure we ordered from but not the web site and no mention of metal pedals - which were all standard on our current Dynamic. Only minor items which do not effect the performance BUT added up as extras exceed £600.

As we are a regular customers at the dealer and don't pay a deposit when the car turns up if it is not what I ordered or a fair deal for the money then I just walk 200 metres down the road to Mr Audi.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
20-05-2014 09:54am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

InControl Secure is an integrated tracker system, which, if my source is right, is at present the only OEM Thatcham 6 system in the UK (note OEM, there are other Thatcham 6 systems but they are aftermarket systems or dealer fit accessories). I also believe that Incontrol Remote will become standard kit on 2015MY cars. I have tried to find out how Incontrol Secure works but the "boffins" at Land Rover are (quite rightly) very cagey about discussing that. I believe that the system will be available on all Land Rovers and Range Rovers after 2015.

Regarding the prices shown on the website - I think if you read the tiny print that there is a let-out clause that states that the info might not be the latest or most up to date - the dealers Vista system is always up to date. I know that there is a price DROP for Coupes for 2015 to make the price the same for Coupes and 5 doors (which have a price rise!) and also that 2015MY cars will come with TPMS and InControl Remote as standard. These are shown as options on the 2014MY online configurator. As your car will be built in November I would take with a pinch of salt that the HUD will be ready on time.................. been there with the Incontrol Remote! My car was ordered in September 2013 for November delivery............... it finally rolled off the production line in mid-March 2014 after several false starts due to the InControl not having finished setting up/ testing.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 09:59am by XFullFatTim.)
20-05-2014 09:58am
MarkA_

Old LR.com pricing misleading as it looks like the dealer has overcharged.

(20-05-2014 09:58am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  InControl Secure is an integrated tracker system, which, if my source is right, is at present the only OEM Thatcham 6 system in the UK (note OEM, there are other Thatcham 6 systems but they are aftermarket systems or dealer fit accessories). I also believe that Incontrol Remote will become standard kit on 2015MY cars. I have tried to find out how Incontrol Secure works but the "boffins" at Land Rover are (quite rightly) very cagey about discussing that. I believe that the system will be available on all Land Rovers and Range Rovers after 2015.

Regarding the prices shown on the website - I think if you read the tiny print that there is a let-out clause that states that the info might not be the latest or most up to date - the dealers Vista system is always up to date. I know that there is a price DROP for Coupes for 2015 to make the price the same for Coupes and 5 doors (which have a price rise!) and also that 2015MY cars will come with TPMS and InControl Remote as standard. These are shown as options on the 2014MY online configurator. As your car will be built in November I would take with a pinch of salt that the HUD will be ready on time.................. been there with the Incontrol Remote! My car was ordered in September 2013 for November delivery............... it finally rolled off the production line in mid-March 2014 after several false starts due to the InControl not having finished setting up/ testing.

Cue much grumbling from myself.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
20-05-2014 06:23pm
Evo-king

evoqueinred wrote

"Thanks Evo-King. How long after the order was placed does it go to lock down? I am still trying to decide id I want the intelligence pack and incontrol secure? Bearing in mind I only placed the order on Sunday 18th May.

Thanks."

It's not as straightforward to give you an answer, because each dealers order book and allocation varies plus there is their relationship with LR the factory so some dealers may have a quicker order to build time than other. dealers.

Just ask your dealer they should be able to give you a fairly good indication.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
20-05-2014 09:15pm
eddkawasaki

Looks like the website has been updated as there is an option for the adaptive cruise control on there now.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
30-05-2014 06:51am