Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Old LR.com pricing misleading as it looks like the dealer has overcharged.
evoqueinred

Old LR.com pricing misleading as it looks like the dealer has overcharged.

We thought we would receive honesty and transparency when buying a new Evoque. We went in on Sunday and ordered a new Evoque Dynamic Lux with various options, one of them being a Headup Display. I found out today that the Headup Display is not available and neither is the brushed aluminium finish that we asked for.

Anyway, I started to look at the order and it seems that I can spec the same car on Land Rovers website £765 less than the dealer price. This is without the Headup Display at £1000. The equivalent car is much dearer from the dealer. Also, the dealer price has included a £500 dealer contribution meaning that the dealer has actually overcharged me £1265.

I feel robbed and a bit naive as I didnt think they would operate this way seeing as the prices are there for all to see on the land rover website.

I am not sure what I can do at this stage. I have been over charged, I am not getting what I asked for and the dealer has £2000 of my money as a deposit. I would like to cancel and deal with another dealer as I have no confidence with the current dealer.

Does anybody know what my rights are to cancel. The order was place on Sunday and today is Monday.

Thanks in advance.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 07:59am by evoqueinred.)
19-05-2014 11:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hotwheelsvespa

RE: Advice please. Overcharged by the dealer for new Evoque

Just go in and cancel, the car isnt built they have to give you a full refund as you feel you have been mislead into ordering the vehicle and paying the deposit.
20-05-2014 12:23am
IvorRedOne

When I wasn't happy with my purchase I transfered my dealership to another and treated with a lot more respect. As a first port of call I would contact Sam Rewhorn of Customer Relations at Land Rover and speak to her about your predicament. She was extremely helpful with my case.

Good Luck
20-05-2014 12:25am
evoqueinred

(20-05-2014 12:23am)Hotwheelsvespa Wrote:  Just go in and cancel, the car isnt built they have to give you a full refund as you feel you have been mislead into ordering the vehicle and paying the deposit.

Is that realistic? The Ts and Cs are all geared in the favour of the dealer. Even if they offered to put right the overcharging I don't think I would like to proceed with them. I would rather go to another dealer even if it means a trip further afield.

(20-05-2014 12:25am)IvorRedOne Wrote:  When I wasn't happy with my purchase I transfered my dealership to another and treated with a lot more respect. As a first port of call I would contact Sam Rewhorn of Customer Relations at Land Rover and speak to her about your predicament. She was extremely helpful with my case.

Good Luck

Thanks for that, I will bear that in mind.

Another reason for me to think I am not receiving the level of service i should, the dealer had to call me today to confirm the leather colour option? We had discussed all this in the showroom and specced it all with him.

No confidence.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 12:29am by evoqueinred.)
20-05-2014 12:26am
IvorRedOne

Have you asked to speak with the Dealer Principal yet? The DP in most cases is the one who inputs the order onto the system. Check to see if they made the order as yet. First ask is it too late to amend the order. If they say no then my reckoning is they haven't submitted it as yet and you may then be able to cancel without loss of deposit.

On another note, how did you pay the deposit? Did you use your credit card? If so have a word with the CC company and ask their advice stating they have been negligent with your order and see if they will cancel the payment. You were given false information about your order and request someone looks into the matter for you.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 12:36am by IvorRedOne.)
20-05-2014 12:33am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Contact Land Rover Customer Services as soon as possible - member Pete@Land Rover is our contact man at LRCS and you can email, phone or PM him (PM's only work after you have made 5 posts on the forum though, so go and post some smileys around the forum!). With regard to changing dealers then we have an excellent dealer as forum sponsor, there are lots of good dealer out there though.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 12:55am by XFullFatTim.)
20-05-2014 12:53am
jewel-r

(19-05-2014 11:55pm)evoqueinred Wrote:  We thought we would receive honesty and transparency when buying a new Evoque. We went in on Sunday and ordered a new Evoque Dynamic Lux with various options, one of them being a Headup Display. I found out today that the Headup Display is not available and neither is the brushed aluminium finish that we asked for.

Anyway, I started to look at the order and it seems that I can spec the same car on Land Rovers website £765 less than the dealer price. This is without the Headup Display at £1000. The equivalent car is much dearer from the dealer. Also, the dealer price has included a £500 dealer contribution meaning that the dealer has actually overcharged me £1265.

I feel robbed and a bit naive as I didnt think they would operate this way seeing as the prices are there for all to see on the land rover website.

I am not sure what I can do at this stage. I have been over charged, I am not getting what I asked for and the dealer has £2000 of my money as a deposit. I would like to cancel and deal with another dealer as I have no confidence with the current dealer.

Does anybody know what my rights are to cancel. The order was place on Sunday and today is Monday.

Thanks in advance.

One thing you should bear in mind, the landrover website has not been updated to take into account the new price rises.

I to priced up a car on the website and when I went into the dealers I found there was a price increase of £600 on base price and some options had got up and some down although not by much.

My order ended up being £750 more expensive.Crying
20-05-2014 01:22am
evoqueinred

(20-05-2014 12:53am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Contact Land Rover Customer Services as soon as possible - member Pete@Land Rover is our contact man at LRCS and you can email, phone or PM him (PM's only work after you have made 5 posts on the forum though, so go and post some smileys around the forum!). With regard to changing dealers then we have an excellent dealer as forum sponsor, there are lots of good dealer out there though.

Thanks guys for all the helpful advice.

Embarrassingly.......it may be that I have signed up for an evoque and been given the new prices for the 2015MY. If thats the case, should i just stop moaning and leave the dealer to get on with it. One of my biggest gripe is the wheels as they have gone up from £500 to £900. They were a style 14 but now called a style 601.

The thing that has got me all worked up is, if LR.com are showing the old prices, should the dealer be charging the new price yet?

Interesting, the Headup Display is only available from August, hence why the dealer is telling me I might not be able to have it. Has anybody else the the H-Up on order?

(20-05-2014 01:26am)evoqueinred Wrote:  Thanks guys for all the helpful advice.

Embarrassingly.......it may be that I have signed up for an evoque and been given the new prices for the 2015MY. If thats the case, should i just stop moaning and leave the dealer to get on with it. One of my biggest gripe is the wheels as they have gone up from £500 to £900. They were a style 14 but now called a style 601.

The thing that has got me all worked up is, if LR.com are showing the old prices, should the dealer be charging the new price yet?

Interesting, the Headup Display is only available from August, hence why the dealer is telling me I might not be able to have it. Has anybody else the the H-Up on order?

Now that I am over my shock of thinking they have overcharged me, I can't help thinking I should have added inteligence pack and incontrol secure. Are the apps worth getting? Is the incontrol secure as good as or better than a traditional tracker?

My spec ordered is Dynamic Lux Auto 9 Speed in Firenze Red, Contrasting Santorini roof, heated s/wheel, auto dim rear view, ebony headlining with ebony pimento leather, Head Up Display, Premium Carpets, Privacy Glass, Space save and style 601 wheels.

5 year servicing package
Nov delivery!
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 02:07am by evoqueinred.)
20-05-2014 01:26am
Redrob

I may be wrong but I think the incontrol secure app is standard on 2015 models, as is the Tyre pressure monitor.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
20-05-2014 07:09am
mark_n

Key to understand is that the web-site lags reality, especially when it comes to new options and prices are, at best, a guide. The dealer should have given you a detailed order with prices broken down so that you can see where the disparity is with the web-site but be careful about VAT in comparing things (web-site prices included VAT, line items on a dealer order do not with VAT bundled in at the end) and also keep in mind the on-the-road prices of the car includes registration and first year VED.

If your car is not coming to November, it will be a MY2015 which, IMHO, is more important than whether it's a 14 or 64 plate.

Tim can help you with InControl. My assumption is that the InControl Secure is better than an after market fit tracker because there is the opportunity for its security to be more deeply integrated into the car's electronics and therefore more difficult to defeat. Whether that is true, I have no idea!

Interesting head-up display is £1000 - quite expensive. Your car is quite highly spec'd, what's it coming out at, £50k? Diesel or petrol?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
20-05-2014 07:11am