Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Old Forum
RacingSnake

RE: Old Forum

ok, got my deposit back (sadly).

worth noting though, that there has NOT been any official announcement about the cancellation. and as far as JLR are concerned, it is "an ongoing project".

never the less, I reckon if it does get formally announced, I could phone around and get a decent position in the queue for it.
My dealers have had my deposit in their accounts for 14 months now!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
14-05-2013 09:44am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

I was told a few months back JLR are working on a holding metal roof, in place of the rag top version which we have all seen pictures off.
This could be the cause of the delay. they need to get the body lines spot in, or lose the RRE looks.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
14-05-2013 04:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

Yep, I was told the same last year.
If it looks like it'll surface again I'll see how I feel and ring round for a short wait-list Smile

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
14-05-2013 06:03pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

(14-05-2013 09:44am)RacingSnake Wrote:  ok, got my deposit back (sadly).
When I said I've got it back, it wasn't actually in my account... it's still not in my account Rolling Eyes

18-05-2013 09:53am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Interesting RS, when I asked for my deposit back for the New RRS the dealer took my credit card and made a refund that way.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-05-2013 10:22am
RacingSnake

that's what I was expecting to happen.... this I the response I got:
"All passed to our admin, it will then get signed off by the site manager, sent to the accountants, processed, signed off by a senior accountant, then paid. This is a slightly long winded process I know, part of being a large company; this will therefore take 3-4 working days to finalise. I would imagine this would be back in your account by the weekend. If you have not seen anything by this time next week let me know and I will chase for you."
Sad
Still, another weeks interest for them!!

18-05-2013 12:27pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Not good enough, the dealership I was dealing with is one of the largest in the UK and part of one of the biggest chains yet they trust one of their sales staff to put a card transaction through the card reader!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-05-2013 02:58pm