Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Corroded and pitted front and rear discs?!! - Please Help
RogB

RE: Corroded and pitted front and rear discs?!! - Please Help

previous owner of mine had a full service and new discs/pads all round at 43k miles, I bought the car with just under 47k on the clock 4 months later.
He paid £1300 just for the brakes !!

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
14-12-2018 09:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stilolos

RE: Corroded and pitted front and rear discs?!! - Please Help

I remember when my car went in for a service and they quoted nearly £700. I asked if that was the total for service and brakes... nope that’s just for the brakes! Thankfully I’m reasonably mechanically minded and have changed the brakes on my previous cars. Had a shop on Euro car parts and they did a 50% off discs and pads. Full set of brembos was about 150 and all done by myself in a couple of hours. Saved over 500 quid so the missus was pleased.

As for your warranty threat, I politely declined their brake change offer and that was it. I pay for the extended warranty too but they never tried to force me to have the work done.
16-12-2018 01:14am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply