Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Oh no - Tailgate alignment :(
markdartj

RE: Oh no - Tailgate alignment :(

(21-02-2013 09:14am)GibEvoque Wrote:  ...... getting first services (seems reasonable at £154).........

Just a quick question if I may; I was under the impression that the first service was complimentary. Mine certainly was, (actually, my dealer threw in a six month service, then JLR picked up the first year service. I thought this was company wide, so why were you charged anything at all? Is this program just for North American cars? As for service, I've observed on this forum, as well as others, that I am fortunate to have a great dealer/service department.
You are never made to feel like they are condescending to do business with you. Just like a premium dealership should be. Maybe just a European thing? Or am I just lucky that the closest dealer to where I live is JLR of Seattle?

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
27-07-2015 05:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sorcerer

I cant speak for your dealer or what happens in your country, but here you get charged for all services and this is why so many people opt for the 5 year service pack when purchasing the car.
Unless you can negotiate a service or two from your dealer when doing the deal.Wink
27-07-2015 09:27pm
tcchampion

RE: Oh no - Tailgate alignment :( Ugly rear end.

My Evoque appears to have the same issue. Car returned today after bodyshop repair at Sturgess Landrover Leicester. It appears no different, has obviously dropped at least half an inch and further on the nearside so is not only low its also skewed !
Discussed with service manager who told me there was a JLR technical bulletin on this known fault and he expressed the view that the tailgate is too heavy for the hinges. He said the technician had adjusted the hinges to the maximum and this necessitated removal of the tailgate. I rejected the "repair" and its gone back for a further spell in the bodyshop. Extremely disappointed, from the rear this car looks like its had a rear end smash and a dodgy repair. Trouble is, once noticed it diminishes the pleasure of owning what is essentially a good looking car.
Does anyone know if this fault relates only to the powered tailgates ?
Is it possible to access the technical bulletin ?

Loire Blue Convertible 2017, Totally, impractical and unique. Niche market - No need or use for child seats, dog guards, tow bars, roof racks and tip runs.....totally unique open top premium indulgenceVery HappyRolling with Laughter[/align]
26-08-2015 05:00pm
Tony

(26-08-2015 05:00pm)tcchampion Wrote:  My Evoque appears to have the same issue. Car returned today after bodyshop repair at Sturgess Landrover Leicester. It appears no different, has obviously dropped at least half an inch and further on the nearside so is not only low its also skewed !
Discussed with service manager who told me there was a JLR technical bulletin on this known fault and he expressed the view that the tailgate is too heavy for the hinges. He said the technician had adjusted the hinges to the maximum and this necessitated removal of the tailgate. I rejected the "repair" and its gone back for a further spell in the bodyshop. Extremely disappointed, from the rear this car looks like its had a rear end smash and a dodgy repair. Trouble is, once noticed it diminishes the pleasure of owning what is essentially a good looking car.
Does anyone know if this fault relates only to the powered tailgates ?
Is it possible to access the technical bulletin ?

Mine has been in twice for tailgate adjustment, down 12mm nearside and 9mm offside. Adjustments made No difference but a solution is at hand, I am getting rid of the piece of junk in October.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 26-08-2015 06:02pm by Tony.)
26-08-2015 06:02pm
Koidream

And we have another winner..The tailgate of my 5 months old RRE also dropped just enough to make some damage on the piano black roof (aluminum is vissible, no more paint). Is this what they call a premium brand in England?
Very dissapointed in Range Rover so far. I will make an appointement with my dealer next week and see what they can do.
5 months, 9.000 km and already my fourth issue with this car. I never experienced something like that with the others (Except for the Rover 623 Si, wich needed an engine replacement after 40.000 km).

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
11-09-2015 06:14pm
tcchampion

RE: Oh no - Tailgate alignment :( update

My car came back after its second fix. It looked marginally better. However the top edge now sits higher on one side than the other so the whole effect is " a pig in a poke " . To top it all to make this latest adjustment the technician has packed one hinge with a fat silver coloured washer looks "lovely" protruding around the edge of a shiny black hinge. I can only assume he's packed one side as I was told after he first fix that the whole of the adjusting tolerance had been used. So I've rejected this latest fix.
Currently on a 3 week road tour so have the car booked in for 18 September. Need to take some pics altho the service manager has taken loads. As the customer I feel jammed between my dealers service dept who are handling the problem and the bodyshop technicians who are working on it - so far the latter appear to be inept.
Maybe its time to contact JLR customer services ? Any views or advice would be appreciated.
My advice to readers would be to regularly wedge their fingers around the tailgate to feel for consistent gappings and to check the coach-lines are following around the contours of the bodywork. If Evoque tailgates are dropping inexplicably then it could happen to yours any time ??

Loire Blue Convertible 2017, Totally, impractical and unique. Niche market - No need or use for child seats, dog guards, tow bars, roof racks and tip runs.....totally unique open top premium indulgenceVery HappyRolling with Laughter[/align]
12-09-2015 07:30am