Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Off road tyres for 20in rims???
maccacch

RE: Off road tyres for 20in rims???

imo, if you're not going off to a particularly rough terrain, the bridgestone 697s with the correct pressures will give you plenty of grip and prevent you from encountering trouble. when i went off to fraser, there were a few spots where the sand was rubbing on the evoque's undercarriage - keeping my foot steadily on the pedal without sudden accelerations got me out of trouble. the 687s in 235/65/r17 will give you approx 15mm extra ground clearance as well. do post some photos of your new rims and tyres when you finally get them.
07-08-2012 11:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rredrive

(07-08-2012 11:14pm)maccacch Wrote:  imo, if you're not going off to a particularly rough terrain, the bridgestone 697s with the correct pressures will give you plenty of grip and prevent you from encountering trouble. when i went off to fraser, there were a few spots where the sand was rubbing on the evoque's undercarriage - keeping my foot steadily on the pedal without sudden accelerations got me out of trouble. the 687s in 235/65/r17 will give you approx 15mm extra ground clearance as well. do post some photos of your new rims and tyres when you finally get them.

I have ended up getting an exhaust jack as well incase of a serious sand bog.

Finally got Coopers as offroad tyres on advice from my local tyre shop. I hope they are good.

A pic of the Coopers on 17inch rims going through a dirt/gravel trail and one at the car wash after the trip.
The chunky tires are a bit more noisy on the street but handle surprisingly well. Offroad feels very confident. Sharp stones etc don't seem to bother them. So far I am pretty happy with them.

Si4 Dynamic Coupe, Black/Black, Pan roof, Priv glass, Adaptive dynamics, TV, Dual view , Surround sound, Front and rear parking assist rear camera, Park assist, SWYS, Power tail, Surround cameras, Dynamic Tech pack, Nav, TPMS, Style 6 20" alloys.
16-08-2012 04:20am
Xavierlord

what size of tires are you running?
11-11-2014 09:21pm