Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Obtaining CD Database / track listing in Meridian system
andyuk

RE: Obtaining CD Database / track listing in Meridian system

(23-10-2011 09:30pm)mhollis Wrote:  
(23-10-2011 08:43pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  All mine are named,copies and purchased.

I have the upgraded Meridian though(825?).

Hi - Does it automatically pick up the songs as soon as it starts burning to the HD or does it process that data afterwards? I can't think why the 825 would be any different in that area. Can you confirm that you are using a purchased CD (not copied) and the system recognises the track data and CD title. If it's copied I can understand why the track data transfers as its normally contained within the file. Just want to make sure I am armed with the most accurate data when I call the dealership tomorrow! Thanks
(23-10-2011 09:01pm)andyuk Wrote:  Could someone with the car try a put some iTunes songs on a USB & try & play them for me to see if it works!

Hi Andy - First off, you will need to locate your music library on your computer, this is where iTunes stores it songs. When you have found it, drag over your favourite albums etc to the USB stick. The stick plays perfectly (with all track information) in the Evoque (just tried it). This also means that he tracks will be copied across in .mp3 format which is a lot easier. If you try and burn directly from an iTunes playlist it will always try and do it to CD so effectively makes it impossible to burn to memory stick. At least that is the case on my Mac (not sure about Windows but assume its the same). If you try and export a playlist from iTunes it will simply export a .txt file which is useless! So in short, it does work and seems to work pretty well, just the CD info I now need to figure out!

Great! I am on a mac too so all songs are stored in Music-ITunes music so all I do is drag this file straight to the USB drive & it should work correct?
(23-10-2011 09:58pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  andy. email me a sonng from my web site contact page using the browse button and ill try it for you. You may have to send it in a zip or rar for my site to accept it.

@mhollis, the cds ive tried are genuine ones not copys. and they dotn show the names.

Pete

Thanks for the offer but think we have sorted it!

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2011 10:27pm by andyuk.)
23-10-2011 10:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

Yes purchased and copied mate.
23-10-2011 10:33pm
Spiderman

Hello mhollis

Can you upload photos of your new Evoque as this is the one my wife has ordered for herself and she has yet to see it in the metal.

Many thanks.
Very Happy

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
24-10-2011 02:33am
mhollis

(24-10-2011 02:33am)Spiderman Wrote:  Hello mhollis

Can you upload photos of your new Evoque as this is the one my wife has ordered for herself and she has yet to see it in the metal.

Many thanks.
Very Happy

Hi, tried twice to upload pics but for some reason it's not happening! Do you have an email address, more than happy to email some directly to you?
Hi Andy

Yes you are correct, just drag your iTunes music folder (or albums from within the folder) straight to your USB stick and it will work fine.

Actually contacted the dealership today re CD track info and they hadn't got a clue! Promised me a call back by Tuesday morning Confused

[/align]
(23-10-2011 05:52pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  Perfect thank you, at first i was miffed why the info didnt show and thought it must have been a bad CD,, but i use another 1 annd it was the same Sad

Pete

Hi Pete. I contacted the dealership but they hadn't got a clue (typical!). Promised they would get back to me by Tuesday afternoon, so still in the dark! Will update you as soon as I hear something

5 Door, Dynamic SD4, fuji white, Vortex, black contrast panoramic roof, privacy glass, gloss black inserts, ebony headlining, heated steering wheel - on the driveway since the 21st OctoberVery Happy
(This post was last modified: 24-10-2011 06:14pm by mhollis.)
24-10-2011 05:56pm
bell-auto-services

Cool thanks, in the mean time ill keep playing to see if i can work it out lol.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
24-10-2011 07:50pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mhollis

So by way of an update.......Dealership called back today but can't answer the question! I contacted LR Customer Services directly who were extremely helpful but couldn't answer the question! Suggested that the technical team at the dealership contact LR technical directly and as yet I'm still waiting for an answer! Didn't realise it would be so complicated! In the meantime I'll keep listening to the radio Confused

5 Door, Dynamic SD4, fuji white, Vortex, black contrast panoramic roof, privacy glass, gloss black inserts, ebony headlining, heated steering wheel - on the driveway since the 21st OctoberVery Happy
25-10-2011 06:44pm
fmcastro

(23-10-2011 02:22pm)mhollis Wrote:  I think Gthornton on the first page has got it right. The gracenote database is stored locally in the car. I don't think the car has anyway to update anything over the internet. It's not like it's using your phone as a modem (it would show as a tethered connection on the iPhone for example, which it doesn't) As such, if the CDs you're trying to get info for are newer than the car's database, you're probably out of luck. Have you tried old CDs?
26-01-2012 10:02pm
DaveR

As far as I can tell the gracenote DB is part of the cars inbuilt system. Older CDs are recognised OK because they are in the db newer ones are not
28-01-2012 01:08am