Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Obtaining CD Database / track listing in Meridian system
mhollis

Obtaining CD Database / track listing in Meridian system

Hi All - Just took delivery of my 5 door Dynamic SD4 on Friday..... so far so good Smile One thing I can't figure out is how to add track names and CD titles to discs that have been uploaded to the car's hard drive storage area (Meridian 380 watt system) . The owners guide has plenty of references to Gracenote Music database but no instruction of how to download the CD info. On my BMW system it goes off and searches for the CD name and track info automatically. I now have CD's ripped to the hard drive but no idea what they are until I play them. Have tried all menu options and have had phone connected via Bluetooth (just in case it needs a GSM connection) but to no avail. Has anyone out there figured it out?

5 Door, Dynamic SD4, fuji white, Vortex, black contrast panoramic roof, privacy glass, gloss black inserts, ebony headlining, heated steering wheel - on the driveway since the 21st OctoberVery Happy
23-10-2011 02:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

RE: Obtaining CD Database / track listing in Meridian system

what hand book are you referring to?

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
23-10-2011 02:46pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mhollis

Looked in the main Evoque handbook, the quick start guide and the supplementary guide but nothing offers any explanation.

5 Door, Dynamic SD4, fuji white, Vortex, black contrast panoramic roof, privacy glass, gloss black inserts, ebony headlining, heated steering wheel - on the driveway since the 21st OctoberVery Happy
23-10-2011 03:33pm
bogstomper

I've only stored 3 CDs - two mixups of assorted tracks from my computer and one purchased CD - both types show up in the stored CD listing and have the track names showing in the list and while playing a track. I assumed that if the original had track info that would be copied across as well as I'm not aware of having done anything different to maintain the listing? I also have a mixup disc in the CD player - that too shows the track names while playing. Sorry if that doesn't help much, but it does seem to work in the way I'd expect. Occasionally if I play from an iPod touch via the USB socket the track names will fall out of step with the display if I skip tacks, but switching everything off and on again seems to get it back. If the car is in the dealer I'll ask them to check all the software is up to date.
23-10-2011 03:39pm
defender_uk

No they are really poor for the infotainment system...we need the separate handbook as in the RR and RRS / D4

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
23-10-2011 03:44pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mhollis

(23-10-2011 03:39pm)bogstomper Wrote:  I've only stored 3 CDs - two mixups of assorted tracks from my computer and one purchased CD - both types show up in the stored CD listing and have the track names showing in the list and while playing a track. I assumed that if the original had track info that would be copied across as well as I'm not aware of having done anything different to maintain the listing? I also have a mixup disc in the CD player - that too shows the track names while playing. Sorry if that doesn't help much, but it does seem to work in the way I'd expect. Occasionally if I play from an iPod touch via the USB socket the track names will fall out of step with the display if I skip tacks, but switching everything off and on again seems to get it back. If the car is in the dealer I'll ask them to check all the software is up to date.

Interesting....Thanks for the reply, thats what I would have expected to see. Have only tried commercial (purchased CD) rather than a ripped one. The track info on commercial CD's doesn't by default copy over (even iTunes has to ping a server to recover the track details), I'm assuming that there is a database in the system that is constantly updated by Gracenote. I'll have to wait until tomorrow and call the dealer for their advice I guess. Glad your is working well though, at least that is reassuring!

23-10-2011 03:45pm
bogstomper

I should have said - the mixups would be a mix of purchased CDs and iTunes purchases stored on the computer - so they would all have whatever information comes with those sources. I have a vague recollection of ticking (or maybe leaving ticked) a box when burning the CD called something like "copy track info", but other than that haven't purposefully done anything to make sure this works. Good luck
23-10-2011 03:50pm
Gthornton

The grace note on my Merc is whatever database there was when it was built and has not way of updating, it could be the same for the Evoque.

Arrived: 4WD SD4 Auto, Prestige, LUX Buckingham Blue w/everything apart from rear screens.
Current/ For Sale: C63 AMG Estate.
Gone: RRS TDV8, F360, Boxster S x3, F328GTS, Caterham etc...
23-10-2011 03:56pm
mhollis

(23-10-2011 03:50pm)bogstomper Wrote:  I should have said - the mixups would be a mix of purchased CDs and iTunes purchases stored on the computer - so they would all have whatever information comes with those sources. I have a vague recollection of ticking (or maybe leaving ticked) a box when burning the CD called something like "copy track info", but other than that haven't purposefully done anything to make sure this works. Good luck

Thanks for the reply. I will try burning a CD from iTunes and see what that does. It's odd that your purchased CD's are copying over the track info though. On my BMW system it copies the CD over without track or title names and then goes off to access the Gracenote servers to look up the track listings. The BMW does have on line access though which the Evoque does not have (or at least as far as I know it doesn't!). I'll keep messing around, good excuse to sit in the car for a while Very Happy
(23-10-2011 03:56pm)Gthornton Wrote:  The grace note on my Merc is whatever database there was when it was built and has not way of updating, it could be the same for the Evoque.

Hi - My BMW 5 series is similar, except if you put a recent CD in and it doesn't recognise it, it will go off to Gracenote and update its own database itself (via BMW on line). The CD I burned in the Evoque is a couple of years old so shouldn't be a database issue. Still scratching my head!

(This post was last modified: 23-10-2011 03:59pm by mhollis.)
23-10-2011 03:57pm
bell-auto-services

Ive added mucic on the usb pen with all the MP3's in folders for the album that is named, and each song has a title has a name also. all these show perfectly named when playing.

But as you have found if i use a purchased cd and inport it via the nav screenn i dont have any names. The only way i have got round it so far is to but the purchased cd on the pc in mp3 named form and add them to the usb pen.

It seems so far the copy cd to nav is not the best way for names of which i dont really like Sad

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2011 04:26pm by bell-auto-services.)
23-10-2011 04:11pm