Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Observations from getting a flat tyre
mpw

Observations from getting a flat tyre

Today I had a puncture which completely deflated one of my rear tyres. Some observations from the experience:

- I lease my car and included tyre replacement in the package. Called my leasing agent and he said go to KiwkFit as they are our approved fitters/suppliers. Three hours later new type and all sorted. I decided to go for the tyre cover after experiencing 12 blow-outs in 18 months with my Merc (low-profile tyres, bad luck and a rouge batch of tyres: bloody expensive experience) and this has now paid dividends. No paperwork, no pay now and claim later just simple efficiency.

- I don't have the type pressure management system on my Prestige. I did on the Merc and it forever gave false readings, was difficult to reset and never sounded when a tyre did blow. My experience is the technology doesn't quite live up to expectations.

- I also chose the spare tyre in my purchase options. Having experienced my Merc tyre issues it was a no brainer. Somehow, the can of goo just didn't seem feasible.

- Once you've taken your punctured tyre and wheel off where do you put it? It won't lay flat in the back of the Evoque. You have to remove the rear window parcel shelf and stand the tyre upright (blocking view from rearview mirror). It would appear the boot space isn't quite long enough!

Regards

Prestige with all mods cons excepting the TPM system.
30-10-2012 05:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nowaytk

RE: Observations from getting a flat tyre

[quote='mpw' pid='73098' dateline='1351613524'
- Once you've taken your punctured tyre and wheel off where do you put it? It won't lay flat in the back of the Evoque. You have to remove the rear window parcel shelf and stand the tyre upright (blocking view from rearview mirror). It would appear the boot space isn't quite long enough!

Regards

Prestige with all mods cons excepting the TPM system.
[/quote]

Or you could ( if you have nothing substantial in the boot ) do what I did & fold the floor up
[Image: 9de2e9b51c89b321fdf1c6811a00232e.jpg]

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
30-10-2012 05:36pm
caroline11000

I opted for the spare wheel, but never even thought about how a punctured wheel would fit in the car, I presumed it would fit back in the spare space, obviously not quite!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
30-10-2012 06:25pm
KK

I have a flat tyre, picked up a chunk of metal on the Woodhead pass. That was yesterday.

As the tyres for the Dynamic are so rare cant get a Michelin until tomorrow, which I can't do as we are going away for the weekend. Contrary to that my husband was told there arent any in the country. So as you have to have 'a matching axel pair' for the warranty am having to get 2 Continentals, which tots up to £500.

Didn't go for the spare whenni bought as have only had a couple of tyres problems in 20+ years. wish I had gone for the spare option now.

So my question is does anyone know how the Continentals compare?

Does anyone need a Michelin Latitude Sport for their Dynamic, done 10,000 miles, for a fair price?

Was 5 hours from call for Assistance to arriving home, a drive time of only 30 mins, so keep asking for updates if you need Assistance!

KK
01-11-2012 10:15am