Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
OH NO!! Just hit the Reduced Output issue
same2you

OH NO!! Just hit the Reduced Output issue

Hi Everyone,
I thought that this problem was licked already through software updates and the installation of some sort of screen...

I was driving my 2013 petrol for about 25 minutes in the rain, parked and left the car running (wife and kids still inside) to crab a coffee... then when leaving, I had to accelerate hard to get into traffic. That's when it happened... the car started to shake like I was driving on rumble strips, and the reduced output warning message was displayed. Let off the gas, then slowly pressed it again, and it was shaking once more... I had to pull over and turned the car off for 30 seconds or so... turned it back on, and all seemed to be ok again when I got back onto the road.

I've had all the software updates applied, and there are no outstanding recalls on my car in Topix. I was under the impression that they installed a mesh screen or something like that on all MY12's/13's in one of the campaigns that fixed the problem??? Does anyone know if we need to have the issue before the screen gets installed, or should it be there already if all campaigns are complete?

Cheers!

(22-09-2013 06:13am)same2you Wrote:  I've had all the software updates applied, and there are no outstanding recalls on my car in Topix.

How creepy is this... I was on Topix as of about 2 days ago, and no campaigns were outstanding... now, somehow (I never put much faith in coincidence), it is showing as having the "Q255-Water Induced Misfire - Restricted" campaign as being outstanding. I assume that this is the mesh screen that I thought was already installed??? Did others all of a sudden have this campaign show up, and this is actually just a coincidence... or is there some sort of communication back from the car to JLR that we don't know about???
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2013 06:21am by same2you.)
22-09-2013 06:13am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
same2you

RE: OH NO!! Just hit the Reduced Output issue

Picked up my car yesterday... they had done something with the intercooler, and also changed a ventritube (they would have also updated software if it was not already up to date). Drove it off the lot and I didn't notice any difference in its performance, but like I said... I already had all the software updates completed.

Unfortunately when I parked the car, I noticed that it had been scratched while at the dealership Sad They now have the car again, and are bringing it into their bodyshop this morning to determine how to make things right. I have to say, I am impressed with how they are handling it.
27-09-2013 02:40pm
PhilSkill

Good they are dealing with it well, and admitted the scratch etc, but shame they scratched it in the first place!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-09-2013 02:47pm
slee18

I just got that fixed too during my annual maintenance. I have never had that problem even when i was driving in the rain for 3 hours.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
27-09-2013 08:14pm
AandM1228

As crazy as is sounds, I think it may have something to do with humidity??

We have had our MY 2013 since last October.. Drove it in and around England, made countless trip from London to Berlin and never had any issues. Over the summer, we moved back to the states so we had the Evoque shipped to North Carolina and within 1 month of driving it here it happened to me! Same thing, pressed the accelerator trying to merge back onto the highway and the shaking and engine flutter happened.

I took it to the dealer and they did a software update and said that if it happened again the engine would not shut down... Nothing about adding a screen though.

Ordered 23 May 2012, Delivered 26 October 2012
2013 5 door Fuji White, Pure w/Premium and Climate Packages
29-09-2013 04:30pm
mark_n

I wonder if it's anything to do with fuel octane levels being lower in the US than Europe?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
01-10-2013 05:21pm
slee18

(01-10-2013 05:21pm)mark_n Wrote:  I wonder if it's anything to do with fuel octane levels being lower in the US than Europe?

might be in california its only 91 and pings like crazy when i try to merge with fast traffic

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
01-10-2013 07:41pm
speary

(01-10-2013 07:41pm)slee18 Wrote:  might be in california its only 91 and pings like crazy when i try to merge with fast traffic

Pinking is really not good for your engine. Most modern engine management systems auto adjust for differing octane levels but they can only do this within certain limits. Not sure what the spec is for our cars but the settings could be different for US and EU models and yours might not tolerate an octane level as low as 91
Pinking will eventually burn holes in the top of your pistons

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
02-10-2013 08:16am
timhum

I've always understood that in the USA the octane level is quoted in MON rather than the RON used in Europe which gives a lower figure for an equal rating.

Tim
Evoque SD4 Pure Tech, Auto, Orkney, Panoramic roof, dipping and folding mirrors
02-10-2013 09:58pm