Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any upgrades on the TV reception?
jitenc

Any upgrades on the TV reception?

I have the TV option and listen to the News in the morning driving to work. The only problem is that the reception gets cutting off while on the move.
Is there any aftermarket upgrades or aerial boosters such that the reception is good all the time?
Its frustrating as i wanted to have a TV as an option and make use it thoroughly...Sad

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
03-05-2012 02:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coolbanana

RE: Any upgrades on the TV reception?

Dual View allows you to listen to the TV but as the Driver you just won't be able to see the News.

Or are you talking about reception generally? Mine is completely useless on the move! Works well when stopped though. Would be good if there was an aftermarket booster.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 05:21pm by Coolbanana.)
03-05-2012 05:18pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The picture is required by law to be cut off when the car starts moving - there are modifications available that will by-pass this though IIRC it is something like Video in motion of something like that, also BAS has some sort of application that can allow TV on the move. Don't forget that TV signals are basically "line of sight" so if there is a large building/ hill / big truck close to you, between you and the transmitting antenna you won't get a good picture.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 05:28pm by XFullFatTim.)
03-05-2012 05:26pm
The Valeter

I tried to tune in the TV but couldn't get BBC so havn't bothered since....Evil

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
03-05-2012 05:27pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

Although I've only tried it occasionally (usually when my wife is driving me home from the pub!:lolSmile it's always worked fine on the move (obviously only on my side of the dual screen). That has mostly been BBC News (the one that comes on Channel 80 on Freeview).

My other car only has analogue, so that no longer works at all, but it was never very good at any time, so the Evoque's is a revelation with the digital TV system.
03-05-2012 05:47pm
jitenc

(03-05-2012 05:18pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  Dual View allows you to listen to the TV but as the Driver you just won't be able to see the News.

Or are you talking about reception generally? Mine is completely useless on the move! Works well when stopped though. Would be good if there was an aftermarket booster.

I am talking about the reception generally. I won't have TV on the go as i feel i would be distracted. Listening to the news and then loosing reception, gives me only half the story. So in my frustration, i have to watch the whole of the news at home. Think i need to revert to radio news...Crying

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
03-05-2012 06:37pm