Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OBD2 diagnostics for Evoque
Revoli

OBD2 diagnostics for Evoque

Can anyone recommend a good setup option for android or ios for both the reader and an app that works well with Range Rover evoque. I am not looking to spend a fortune but is there a reasonable priced reader that will enable me to at least read error codes of a second hand evoque I am buying? It seems there are plenty of JLR high priced gizmos, there must be some known to work well with Evoques?

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
20-06-2019 10:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: OBD2 diagnostics for Evoque

I just tried a really basic ELM327 unit of ebay for £4.99 running with the Torque Application.

Read error codes and reset errors, also works with my Volvo, as it scans for loads of different protocols.

The cheap ones can be a bit temperamental to connect, and the codes are by no means the end of the story, e.g. our Volvo just threw a 1407 ERG Air Pressure error, on the Volvo official System it identified the Turbo Inlet pressure sensor faulty.

There are some on here very recommended, but be good if anyone else has recently used one.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-06-2019 02:32pm
Revoli

RE: OBD2 diagnostics for Evoque

(24-06-2019 02:32pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I just tried a really basic ELM327 unit of ebay for £4.99 running with the Torque Application.

Read error codes and reset errors, also works with my Volvo, as it scans for loads of different protocols.

The cheap ones can be a bit temperamental to connect, and the codes are by no means the end of the story, e.g. our Volvo just threw a 1407 ERG Air Pressure error, on the Volvo official System it identified the Turbo Inlet pressure sensor faulty.

There are some on here very recommended, but be good if anyone else has recently used one.

Thanks for that. I’m not getting notifications from the forum - need to sort - so missed reply. Must be others who have tried diagnostics with evoques. I also have a Mini Cooper works I would like to check codes on, surprised not more people responding but at least I now know that that works! Thanks again.
30-06-2019 10:21am