Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Number Plate Size
wobble44

RE: Number Plate Size

HAHA!

Yes! The rivet heads fell into the tailgate for me! pulled tailgate apart, still couldn't find them rattling around. in the end I found a powerful magnet and a bit of wire and pulled the heads out by moving the magnet along the outside until they were where I could grab them.

go to http://www.lakinplates.com.au, it's a bloke in Tassie that makes custom brackets to fit all plates and secure in the old mounting holes by rubber screw rivets. Mine secured perfectly and looks great.
27-11-2012 04:13am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nut

Hmmm I wonder why mine was seemingly the only one screwed in?
27-11-2012 12:48pm
Ringo

(27-11-2012 12:48pm)Nut Wrote:  Hmmm I wonder why mine was seemingly the only one screwed in?
Nut
I think you must be one of the lucky ones. Makes sense to just screw them in if everyone wants to take them off.
Don't know if I will risk it or not
Have been thinking about just putting on the standard plates, at least they will cover up the black holder on the back.
The ones I have seen with the slim line just don't look good

TD4 Pure Coupe, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, auto head lights
Ordered : Early Aug, Build :Nov 21 :Boat arrived 9th Jan,Very Happy Dealer called, picking up Friday Jan 25th
(This post was last modified: 31-12-2012 03:59am by Ringo.)
28-11-2012 11:46am
ubhishek

(27-11-2012 04:13am)wobble44 Wrote:  HAHA!

Yes! The rivet heads fell into the tailgate for me! pulled tailgate apart, still couldn't find them rattling around. in the end I found a powerful magnet and a bit of wire and pulled the heads out by moving the magnet along the outside until they were where I could grab them.

go to http://www.lakinplates.com.au, it's a bloke in Tassie that makes custom brackets to fit all plates and secure in the old mounting holes by rubber screw rivets. Mine secured perfectly and looks great.

Hi Wobble,

The same thing happened to me. I was able to remove one of the rivets but the other fell in the tailgate. How did you pull the tailgate apart to remove the rivet?

Cheers
04-02-2013 12:58am
leaf911

(09-11-2012 02:08pm)Jai Wrote:  I got stickers made for my front... Not sure what to do about the back yet

[Image: uramubaj.jpg]

[Image: numata5a.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the idea of the stickers. Where do you get them from, and can we have them for qld?
10-02-2013 04:51am
Jai

Number Plate Size

http://www.stickers.net.au/
10-02-2013 05:03am
leaf911

Thanks Jai!
10-02-2013 07:36am
rob1

(04-02-2013 12:58am)ubhishek Wrote:  Hi Wobble,

The same thing happened to me. I was able to remove one of the rivets but the other fell in the tailgate. How did you pull the tailgate apart to remove the rivet?

Cheers
Hi mate, any luck with retrieving the rivet inside the tailgate?
I also drilled out the black blob, and installed Lakin plate holder/cover ... looks great, cant imagine not having done it now. I knew the rivet falling in would be likely, and now have that rattle when opening, (but it was worth it).
Not keen to pull panels inside the tailgate apart without knowing what I'm doing.

Pure SD4 auto, white, sunroof, tech pack, clearview pack, power fold mirrors, elec leather seats, power tailgate, park distance front, rear camera, roof rails/crossbars, mudflaps, rubber loadspace mat.
26-04-2013 08:34am