Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Number Plate Size
Ringo

RE: Number Plate Size

(08-09-2012 12:34pm)DefLeppard Wrote:  nope, didn't bother. just put a full size custom plate on the back, and the slimline on the front.
Got a call on Saturday to confirm an extra I wanted to add to my order. It was the last week for this to be done, so I am hoping it won't be long before the build.
Had to go past the dealer on Sunday and for the first time had a good look at the plates on the cars in the yard, also saw a couple on the road with slimline plates. The ones with standard plates look good on the rear as they cover the blob, but look a little chunky on the front, vise versa for the slimlines.
Can you tell me Defleppard did you order the standard and slimline together or did you have to get the same and then order the other after from Vic Road?

TD4 Pure Coupe, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, auto head lights
Ordered : Early Aug, Build :Nov 21 :Boat arrived 9th Jan,Very Happy Dealer called, picking up Friday Jan 25th
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2012 04:14am by Ringo.)
08-10-2012 11:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DefLeppard

I got my two sets by accident. The original owner of the plates gave me the full size ones, and Vicroads made a boo boo when they transferred ownership of the plates to me - they accidently ordered me a new set - slimline (at no cost!) Hence I have 2 of each now.

You can order just 1 plate if you already own a set of custom plates, or if a new order, can specify 1 of each, a regular and a slimline.

see http://www.vplates.com.au/uploads/File/p...t_2012.pdf
for prices

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
12-10-2012 10:51pm
Ringo

Thanks.
Will organise as soon as I get the big call.

Ordered : Early Aug, Build :Nov 21 :Boat arrived 9th Jan,Very Happy Dealer called, picking up Friday Jan 25th
(This post was last modified: 24-10-2012 11:41pm by Ringo.)
13-10-2012 09:33am
QUEEVO

I have Vic signature plates (very little) and removed the black blob with ease - very happy with the results and all is well in the land...

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
09-11-2012 07:52am
Jai

Number Plate Size

I got stickers made for my front... Not sure what to do about the back yet

[Image: uramubaj.jpg]

[Image: numata5a.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-11-2012 02:08pm
Nut

I too had the 'blob' problem with my slim QLD euro plates. I completely removed it, nothing scary under there. I drilled the required holes into the tail gate and used stainless self tapping screws sealed with some silicone. The job looks fantastic, plate sits beautifully flush and looks the way it should have from factory.

Mind you, it was a little nerve wracking drilling into my new $90k car!
Oh, I also used some one sided insulation foam (every car shop stocks it) on the back of the plate to keep it up off the paint work. Worked a treat!
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2012 01:42am by Nut.)
10-11-2012 01:40am
Ringo

Hi Nut
Went to a dealer today to have a good look at the rear Number plade holder ( blob ). Saw that it was only held on by two rivets and the black plastic seems to be away from the paint work.
1- Did you have a problem with the inside of the rivet falling down into the tailgate and rattling around as you drive?
2- Was there any marks to the paint work under the blob.

It amazes me with so many slim line plates these days why RR didn't make the holder to fit

(This post was last modified: 24-11-2012 10:10am by Ringo.)
11-11-2012 08:06am
Nut

Hey Ringo,

Mine was actually screwed in, not riveted so fortunately I only needed to unscrew it. There were 2 small scratch marks on the paint which looks they have simply scratched the paint to mark where to put the blob instead of using a pencil or maker. These scratch marks are unfortunately on show but they are so small and so high up they are barely noticeable.
12-11-2012 09:03am
QUEEVO

Hey Ringo

One of mine was not very well secured at all - almost came away in my hand... So please to have done the blob removal. Now looks great.!

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
24-11-2012 04:57am
Ringo

(24-11-2012 04:57am)QUEEVO Wrote:  Hey Ringo

One of mine was not very well secured at all - almost came away in my hand... So please to have done the blob removal. Now looks great.!
Thanks Queevo
Not too sure when I'll get to try it out, still no word on delivery...no VIN number as yet, sick of waiting patiently!

24-11-2012 10:22am