Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Number Plate Size
TiTan

RE: Number Plate Size

For what its worth, Victorian Euro plates (full size) will fit on the blob, and look pretty good IMO.

I was going to remove the blob, but having seen the plates on, decided to leave it, as drilling the bodywork didn't appeal. I am not saying others haven't had great success in doing it, but Euro + blob is definitely an option (assuming Vic euro is the same as the states under discussion here)

Cheers
04-09-2012 07:11am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
barks

I removed the blob too. It looks ALOT better without it IMHO. I have a slimline 4 digit/letter VIC plate so there was way too much black blob on display when the dealer delvered it. It goes in for the 13k health check next week - i wonder if they will notice.

2012 SD4 Pure Orkney Grey, Almond Espresso Interior, Tech Pack, Clear View Pack, Style 6 Wheels, Heated Seats, Rear Cam, pano Roof.
05-09-2012 03:50am
DefLeppard

My dealer offered to remove "the blob" for me if I wanted. So I doubt your dealer will care when taking it back in for service.

The Victorian slimlines and Euros will fit....they just look awful. (as the blob extends out past the plate)

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
05-09-2012 05:01am
QUEEVO

Number Plate Size

Barks I have the same but fear the blob removal... Anything scary under there...?

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
05-09-2012 08:39am
Jai

Number Plate Size

My new plates are only 190mm wide... I think the blob will have to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
05-09-2012 12:11pm
Barneyridge

(05-09-2012 05:01am)DefLeppard Wrote:  My dealer offered to remove "the blob" for me if I wanted. So I doubt your dealer will care when taking it back in for service.

The Victorian slimlines and Euros will fit....they just look awful. (as the blob extends out past the plate)

I spoke to my dealer when I got my car, they said they removed the blob fom RRS and Freelanders but the police in the area called the dealership and advised that they need to replace the blobs as the cameras in the police cars can't not read the plates without them !

I never removed the blob as I did not want any extra attention, given my illegal window tint Smile

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
05-09-2012 01:10pm
TiTan

(05-09-2012 05:01am)DefLeppard Wrote:  My dealer offered to remove "the blob" for me if I wanted. So I doubt your dealer will care when taking it back in for service.

Did you take them up on the offer? We used the same dealer from memory and although he originally agreed to remove the blob, when it came time for delivery he backed out, saying they weren't willing to drill out the rivets.
06-09-2012 03:31am
Millotte

(05-09-2012 08:39am)QUEEVO Wrote:  Barks I have the same but fear the blob removal... Anything scary under there...?

Nothing scary under the blob, just the holes where the rivets were. I covered them with tape before I screwed the plate back on(plate covered the holes and tape) much cleaner look without it.
I used a small drill to drill the centre of the rivet and when the rivet started to spin I just applied a small amount of force pulling backwards on the blob so the rivet pulled out of the hole and didn't drop into the tailgate.

Prestige Td4 man, fuji, vibe interior, style 6 wheels, prestege tech pack.. Arived 11Th feb 2012
06-09-2012 08:44am
DefLeppard

(06-09-2012 03:31am)TiTan Wrote:  Did you take them up on the offer? We used the same dealer from memory and although he originally agreed to remove the blob, when it came time for delivery he backed out, saying they weren't willing to drill out the rivets.

nope, didn't bother. just put a full size custom plate on the back, and the slimline on the front.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
08-09-2012 12:34pm
wobble44

http://www.lakinplates.com.au custom plate brackets. I got one for my evoque w/slim line plate. looks great!
26-09-2012 11:53am