Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Number Plate Size
evoque aussie

Number Plate Size

Hi all, trying to order my NSW number plate but there are so many choices with different size. Just wondering whether there is any size constrain to fit on Evoque?

Cheers

Nov 2011 Delivery
Evoque SD4 5 door Dynamic, Samatra Black, Verve interior
29-11-2011 10:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3VOQU3

RE: Number Plate Size

No constraints.. However i did notice on the dealer demo's that for some strange reason LR have decided to put a big plack blob of plastic on the back to put the number plate on..

Looks.. ummm.. awesome.. Sad
30-11-2011 12:21am
evoque aussie

thx mate, just confirmed with dealer that only premium or european style will fit evoque perfectly. btw, that's the case for NSW.

Nov 2011 Delivery
Evoque SD4 5 door Dynamic, Samatra Black, Verve interior
30-11-2011 12:43am
Capital

Standard size fit well on an evoque and look good. These is room for bigger plate but it does not need if if you don't want to spend extra
30-11-2011 01:29am
MINIHORSE

(30-11-2011 12:21am)3VOQU3 Wrote:  No constraints.. However i did notice on the dealer demo's that for some strange reason LR have decided to put a big plack blob of plastic on the back to put the number plate on..

Looks.. ummm.. awesome.. Sad

Unfortunately the Black blob is there to stay Unless your good with a drill, because of ADR's your rear numberplate must sit on a slight agle so as our lovely fixed speed camera's can get a good shot when your flying through an unfamiliar intersection, Ive tried to remove mine with great difficulty as the whole tailgate glass down is plastic (as are 1/4 panels and bumpers) the rivets with which they fix the "blob" just rotate when drilling, I drilled mine out with great difficulty, now my low digit plate sits proudly and flushly against the tailgate
02-12-2011 03:22am
sethor

(02-12-2011 03:22am)MINIHORSE Wrote:  Unfortunately the Black blob is there to stay Unless your good with a drill, because of ADR's your rear numberplate must sit on a slight agle so as our lovely fixed speed camera's can get a good shot when your flying through an unfamiliar intersection, Ive tried to remove mine with great difficulty as the whole tailgate glass down is plastic (as are 1/4 panels and bumpers) the rivets with which they fix the "blob" just rotate when drilling, I drilled mine out with great difficulty, now my low digit plate sits proudly and flushly against the tailgate

Have you got a photo of this?

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
10-01-2012 05:37pm
gead

Noticed the black blob when I had my demo car for the weekend......will be taking to it with the drill when I get mine. Fom what I can see, euro plates will not fit the blob....stupid....

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
23-01-2012 10:54am
Jimmy Millna

(23-01-2012 10:54am)gead Wrote:  Noticed the black blob when I had my demo car for the weekend......will be taking to it with the drill when I get mine. Fom what I can see, euro plates will not fit the blob....stupid....

so am I correct in saying we can't have euro plates? That's a bit ords I was looking forward to euros never had them before...

On order Since august 2011 with zero sign of build slot!!Evil
Fuji white 5 door, prestige si4, pano roof, spirit interior, style 5 wheels, prestige tech pack, park assist,
25-01-2012 05:23am
sethor

Can't you just drill two extra holes in the plate to line up with the Evoque ones?

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
25-01-2012 05:48am
huntere

Ahs anyone any photos or experience with the slim line WA plates 100mm high?
I've just ordered without checking all this first and am thinking I should have got a standard sized rear plate.

Thoughts?
04-09-2012 05:59am