Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not sure I want a Pure or even a RRE anymore
Evoqess

RE: Not sure I want a Pure or even a RRE anymore

xxxx5, I'm sorry to hear of your disillusionment. You really have to be true to your own gut instinct. I bet there is an Evoque Pure buyer out there who would be thrilled to have your build spot. This isn't your only chance to ever own one. In a year or two you could check out how the original batch have fared (interior quality etc) and then proceed with a purchase.
Us Evoque pioneers need to have faith and not yield to buyers remorse.
I too wasn't overly impressed with the staff at the local launch and their attitude that the Evoques will sell themselves. But I have never had a high opinion of car salespeople in general - even if they lavish freebies on you they are making a profit somewhere else on your bill.
For example - I've been promised free rubber mats, but then noticed that I was charged $400 more for the compulsory Globali.com security system than I had been at the Audi dealership next door. Confused
We do have a Better Business Bureau here that I am contemplating contacting depending on the delivery experience. So although the experience has been so so thus far, I personally do have faith in the end product.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
17-09-2011 07:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinny

(17-09-2011 07:37pm)J77 Wrote:  Personally I think the pure interior is fine couldn't really see a big difference between the pure and prestige.
I can see the difference but not £7000 worth of difference

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
17-09-2011 07:49pm
J77

Think the Oxford leather will sag quicker than the grained leather.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
17-09-2011 07:52pm
brommy

(17-09-2011 07:49pm)vinny Wrote:  
(17-09-2011 07:37pm)J77 Wrote:  Personally I think the pure interior is fine couldn't really see a big difference between the pure and prestige.
I can see the difference but not £7000 worth of difference

The Prestige does have numerous extras other than the better leather seats/dash!Wink

After examining the Pure with numerous options versus Prestige needing no options, I got the difference to around £2000.

Knowing that options seem to lose all of their value on the second hand market is pushing me towards the Prestige.
17-09-2011 08:14pm
vinny

Basic white prestige with standard 19'' alloys,pano roof and privacy is £4500 more expensive than a white pure with 19's,tech pack,pano roof,xenons,privacy,folding mirrors and foglights.
Not good value in my opinion for basically better leather which will look more tired quicker than the leather in the pure.

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
17-09-2011 08:48pm
Wicksy

(17-09-2011 08:48pm)vinny Wrote:  Basic white prestige with standard 19'' alloys,pano roof and privacy is £4500 more expensive than a white pure with 19's,tech pack,pano roof,xenons,privacy,folding mirrors and foglights.
Not good value in my opinion for basically better leather which will look more tired quicker than the leather in the pure.
I couldn't agree more - I'm sure the Pure is expected to depreciate slower too
17-09-2011 08:51pm
andyuk

(17-09-2011 08:51pm)Wicksy Wrote:  
(17-09-2011 08:48pm)vinny Wrote:  Basic white prestige with standard 19'' alloys,pano roof and privacy is £4500 more expensive than a white pure with 19's,tech pack,pano roof,xenons,privacy,folding mirrors and foglights.
I couldn't agree more - I'm sure the Pure is expected to depreciate slower too

I tend to agree with the Pure v prestige but the Dynamic a different matter as I my opinion the Dynamic looks fantastic where as the Pure & Prestige look very similar!

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
17-09-2011 09:47pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Good topic on this thread, some peeps are becoming very despondent.

Let's not start another discussion about pure v prestige and sagging leather and the price difference. It's been flogged to death and only ends up offending someone who's buying either model!
17-09-2011 09:57pm
andyuk

Also I don't agree that a Pure which has been specced right up will hold it value better than a standard Prestige. As everyone on here knows extras on cars just don't hold their values!

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
17-09-2011 10:02pm
ytshome

(17-09-2011 10:02pm)andyuk Wrote:  Also I don't agree that a Pure which has been specced right up will hold it value better than a standard Prestige. As everyone on here knows extras on cars just don't hold their values!

I agree entirely...I think that it would be different if there was another like a Pure + , which came with the bulk of the items lots of customers want on their Pure spec

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
17-09-2011 10:09pm