Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not an Evoque or a Defender....................
Redrob

RE: Not an Evoque or a Defender....................

Nice move Tim, they are one hell of a car and I still miss mine.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
16-03-2015 12:23am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It will be my 3rd one since 2005 - I owned a launch day 2.7SE from 2005 to 2007 and then a 3.6 TDv8 HSE from 2007 until 2010. The TDv8 RRS is the best all round Land Rover I have owned - brilliant onroad and especially on twisty B roads where the clever electro-hydraulic antiroll bars made it corner like it was on rails, but it was pretty good offroad too. It was a huge shock to trade "up" to a FFRR with the same engine and find that it didn't have the same superb Brembo braking system or trick handling that the Sport had. I have been reading Mark_N's posts about how his SVR handles and performs over on RRSport.CO.UK and it appear that LR have a winner on their hands - a very expensive winner though! Seems that sales of the SVR have outstriped the build capabilities of the SVO dept at solihull that builds them!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-03-2015 12:14pm
XFullFatTim

Just had an email from Grange Garage with the new car's VIN so it's on the way down the production line at Solihull - it might even be off it by now!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-03-2015 06:57pm
Evo-king

Way to go Tim.

When we were in the dealers on Saturday I mentioned that a few people I knew had moved on up to the RRS 2.

Saying I'd like to do the same but Mrs E-K still thinks it's too big. Well i just had to sow the seeds in his and my wife's mind.

It's that or a V6 Supercharged F-Pace come replacement time for our next Evoque, collecting this Thursday.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
16-03-2015 09:57pm
XFullFatTim

Just had an email to say that it has arrived at Grange Garage............ roll on Saturday afternoon!

(This post was last modified: 24-03-2015 12:55pm by XFullFatTim.)
24-03-2015 12:54pm
XFullFatTim

Here it is

[Image: image~2.jpg]

[Image: image~0.jpg]

I've recycled my old RRS private plate too, even though it isn't an SVR and there are faster RRS models out there
[Image: image.jpg]

So far I have driven it from Barnet round the North Circular and through the back streets of Wembley and the MPG is amazing - auto trip is showing 38mpg............. stop/start in use but on a Saturday afternoon bewteen 3 and 4 pm in London................. lets hope it stays like that!
Ride on 22" wheels/ tryes on London's broken tarmac - as good as the Evoque on 20's, possibly better! And it is SO quiet compared to the Evoque. Already missing the Road Sign Recognition though, especially around London streets with so many speed cameras and with the car being so quiet it is very easy to find you are doing 35 in a 30 limit...... Tomorrow I start the hike north - should be very comfortable as the seats in the HSE are very comfortable even after the luxury of the Plus Pack Recaros of my Evoque, it is also good to be sitting so much higher too, lord of all I survey!

(This post was last modified: 28-03-2015 06:33pm by XFullFatTim.)
28-03-2015 06:18pm
Kojak

Love it! congratulations.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
28-03-2015 06:23pm
MartinP

Fantastic Tim, enjoy your drive tomorrow!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
28-03-2015 07:11pm
Evo-king

Congrats Tim, you should be well happy with the car (take car of that driving licence now), also it looks like you should be avoiding multi storey car parks.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
28-03-2015 07:32pm
XFullFatTim

Height isn't a problem, with airsuspension you just press a button (no need to go outside with a sharp knife to puncture the suspension donuts!) and the air is let out of the system and the car loweres to access height, you can then lock it down to that for driving inside the multistorey. The photos show it at "normal" height - it can also go up to offroad height and then even higher to extended offroad (but you cannot select that, it does it if it thinks that it will bottom out) and also above 100mph the car will lower for high speed stability! On my first FFRR I could manually select the various heights but LR no longer trusts us to get it right. If you are in the wrong height and exceed set speeds the car will sound a ging and automatically rise (from access height)/ lower (from offroad height) to normal height.

(This post was last modified: 28-03-2015 08:00pm by XFullFatTim.)
28-03-2015 07:56pm