Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not an Evoque or a Defender....................
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Not an Evoque or a Defender....................

(29-03-2015 07:25am)Nowaytk Wrote:  When I go from P to D, I just press the switch on the shifter and pull back to D, no need to go to R, N then D. Am I doing something wrong or have I just misunderstood your post ? ( don't think I've actually put it into N yet )

No you are right NowayTK, I tried going straight through too this afternoon and that works.

A very wet and windy run almost all the way home - left Hanger Lane at 0845, arrived home at 1645, two stops at Stafford Services and Teebay. One thing, I have never arrived at the local filling station almost on vapors! The Fuel gauge was showing kissing the red E but the TC was claiming 80 miles range left......... I managed to squeeze 67ltr into the tank, which is hard to brim unlike the Evoque's was - the RRS filler neck i=s very narrow and the flap is very close to the opening. According to Fuelly I averaged 29mpg BUT this includes sat on the dealers forecourt with the engine running for ages. The amount of go this car has in gear is amazing, it simply leaps away with a growl when you want to press on - it seems weird to be able to run a tight new engine at 1800rpm doing lots of speed! Loving the car's ride and the front seats are as comfortable as the Plus Pack I'm use to. Even better - NO RATTLES but also according to the trip computer - Hanger Lane to Stafford Services 35.9mpg Starfford Service to Teebay Services 34.9mpg and Teebay to Stirling (very gusty wind and up hill a lot 31.9mpg. Other things - it has a boot, I didn't need to put anything in the rear passenger foot well because the tailend was full up, it is a very quiet car but there is a nice growl when you press a bit harder on the throttle. The 8 Speed gearbox also is much less keen to drop down several gears if you are a bit hefty on the right foot when accelerating, having 700 torques available from 1600 rpm helps! It's also a very dirty car now with all the dirty rain water streaming off the motorways for just about the entire length of the drive.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-03-2015 07:53pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-03-2015 07:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

If you travel in the opposite direction Tim you will get better mpg, as it's downhill.

I'm sure you will love the engines low down grunt, my V6 320CDi Merc was a fabulous lump.

As I said before, take care of that licence.

Oh and get a step ladder for when you clean it.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
29-03-2015 09:44pm
XFullFatTim

Evo, I already have the ladder for car washing as have still got the 90 that I need it for but the Evoques were the lowest Land Rovers I have owned as have had Disco 1 and 2, 2 x L322 FFRR and 2 previous Sports......... I have a short set for loading up the roof rack/ box too!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-03-2015 09:54pm
Nowaytk

Don't worry Tim, I think the sdv6 has a 80 litre tank, I managed to put just over 70 litres in mine the other day, it was showing 35 on the TC, I don't normally let it get that low I just didn't want to give my hard earned to a motorway service station, robbing bar stewards.
It certainly has got a bit of a kick to go with that growl, makes me smile every time.

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
29-03-2015 10:36pm
Chrisr1806

Same here, I love mine after a year. I know what my next car will be! Very Happy

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
30-03-2015 08:17pm
XFullFatTim

I'm also impressed by how comfortable the standard chairs are and tonight I drove to town for my shopping in 3c and chucking it down with rain (just like yesterday) and while I miss the heated steering wheels of both my Evoques the seat heaters don't half heat up quickly and even the lowest setting is VERY hot! Pity though that LR didn't fit the PTC heater from the Evoque as that gave instant cabin heat rather than having to wait for the car to create enough engine heat to heat the cabin.

30-03-2015 08:39pm