Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not an Evoque or a Defender....................
doug

RE: Not an Evoque or a Defender....................

What a lovely looking RRS. I'm so jealous
Safe journey home Tim.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
28-03-2015 10:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Evoques look good in Corris too, especially with the contrast roof and Black Pack.

The dash and centre console finishers on the car are nice too - a very dark grey version of the speckled aluminium I had on the Evoque - it looks much nicer with the all black interior than the Evoque's bright one did (I never liked the Gloss Black finisher of Evqoue, looked too much like plastic to me)

[Image: image~4.jpg]

[Image: image~3.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-03-2015 10:57pm by XFullFatTim.)
28-03-2015 10:50pm
doug

What's happened to the hand shake gear sector. LL marketing must have shown that the buying public perfered the handle type.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
28-03-2015 11:01pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

No, there was a user survey of the old style RRS just after Evoque and D4 came out and owners said they didn't like the rotary one in a sporty car so LR listened. TBH to go from P to D now requires:
Foot on foot brake, Start Engine, press the hidden detent at the back of the shifter, move the shifter to R, press the detent again and shift into N, press detent again and move into D. For manual sequential shifts you snick the lever to the left and and push forward and back to move up and down the gears or use the paddles (which is much easier!). On the LRE this morning at Luton Hoo the instructor also said that there were reports of people not shifting fully from D to R and sticking in N but I never had that problem - now I'm used to it, the rotary shifter is great, it is going to take a fair bit of explaining to my brother how to get the car into D! The EPB can also be applied two ways! There is the familiar style lever on the console and there is also a button at the top of the shifter you can press. Will get some photos to show you.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-03-2015 11:11pm by XFullFatTim.)
28-03-2015 11:10pm
Nowaytk

(28-03-2015 11:10pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  TBH to go from P to D now requires:
Foot on foot brake, Start Engine, press the hidden detent at the back of the shifter, move the shifter to R, press the detent again and shift into N, press detent again and move into D. For manual sequential shifts you snick the lever to the left and and push forward and back to move up and down the gears or use the paddles (which is much easier!). On the LRE this morning at Luton Hoo the instructor also said that there were reports of people not shifting fully from D to R and sticking in N but I never had that problem
When I go from P to D, I just press the switch on the shifter and pull back to D, no need to go to R, N then D. Am I doing something wrong or have I just misunderstood your post ? ( don't think I've actually put it into N yet )

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
29-03-2015 07:25am
Briany22

Fabulous car like the idea of choosing the height etc and 38 mpg is amazing not a dark interior fan but it does suit the grey. Well I will just have to keep dreaming, will be on the M6 around Carlisle this afternoon so will keep my eyes open

2015 kaikoura stone pure Evoque auto black roof privacy fogs mud flaps mats powerfold and auto lights and wipers

Gone to new home 2012 FRL 2 SD4 GS auto with seat surgeon full leather
29-03-2015 08:57am
Chrisr1806

(29-03-2015 07:25am)Nowaytk Wrote:  When I go from P to D, I just press the switch on the shifter and pull back to D, no need to go to R, N then D. Am I doing something wrong or have I just misunderstood your post ? ( don't think I've actually put it into N yet )

That's what I do, I skip straight past R and N. Confused

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
29-03-2015 12:00pm
Simplesimon

Bloody gorgeous Tim!

Please keep it in good nick for me!!Wink
29-03-2015 12:01pm
Tony

(28-03-2015 06:18pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Here it is

[Image: image~2.jpg]

[Image: image~0.jpg]

I've recycled my old RRS private plate too, even though it isn't an SVR and there are faster RRS models out there
[Image: image.jpg]

So far I have driven it from Barnet round the North Circular and through the back streets of Wembley and the MPG is amazing - auto trip is showing 38mpg............. stop/start in use but on a Saturday afternoon bewteen 3 and 4 pm in London................. lets hope it stays like that!
Ride on 22" wheels/ tryes on London's broken tarmac - as good as the Evoque on 20's, possibly better! And it is SO quiet compared to the Evoque. Already missing the Road Sign Recognition though, especially around London streets with so many speed cameras and with the car being so quiet it is very easy to find you are doing 35 in a 30 limit...... Tomorrow I start the hike north - should be very comfortable as the seats in the HSE are very comfortable even after the luxury of the Plus Pack Recaros of my Evoque, it is also good to be sitting so much higher too, lord of all I survey!

Congrats, looks very nice. We have only had a short drive in a RRS2 but the two things that are of note are the fantastic driving position, best of any LR product and as you note the quietness in the cabin, exactly what a RR should be. We find the Evoque on all but the smoothest roads to be the noisest car we have owned with regards to road noise transmitted into the cabin.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
29-03-2015 02:52pm
J77

Looks good. Thumbs Up

Don't you have a woman's voice, tell you the speed limit when you creep over, perhaps a new feature on the DS and not rolled out yet on the rest of the range.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
29-03-2015 03:35pm