Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Noisy Engine when cold
defender_uk

RE: Noisy Engine when cold

(13-02-2012 12:29am)PhilSkill Wrote:  My Diesel is normally smooth and quiet, drives lovely and the small amount of wind noise drowns out the engine! But I've noticed a few times its a bit rattly when you first start up from cold, a minute running and it settles down, then over this very cold down to -11C period i've not been using it as i've been away, its sat for a week at these temps, so I get back and start it up, starts on the button with just a 3 sec glow plug delay. Then as it returns to idle it starts rattling noisily like its shaking in its mounts, rev it and it runs perfectly it just shakes on idle, so I rev again and the shaking reduces and eventually after a minute or two idle returns to normal and all is well rest of the day it runs like a dream, as weather has warmed up itll be fine tomorrow I'm sure.

Is this just diesel's when cold, or poor quality supermarket fuel? Not something I'm familiar with, and a bit disconcerting. Anyone noticed anything similar?

got exactly the same....not every time...but too often!

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
14-02-2012 03:23am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

(14-02-2012 03:23am)defender_uk Wrote:  got exactly the same....not every time...but too often!

All back to normal this morning at 6.30 am, (temp +3c)..

14-02-2012 08:29am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

good to hear that!! Wink

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
14-02-2012 09:19am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply