Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nine speed ZF gearbox recall??
jeffersj

RE: Nine speed ZF gearbox recall??

After raising this issue I booked the car into my local LR dealership for the gearbox re-calibration software update, I booked this well in advance for an 0830 slot on 1st June and advised them I would wait as it would only take 30 mins. I left the dealership at 1045 (but they did wash and vac the car). The car does seem smoother in the gear changes so no problem there BUT....

Whilst I was waiting an Evoque driver called in with steering problem, he had no booking but asked if someone could take a look at it as he was a good way from home. Senior technician came out to see him and suggested that he should ring LR Assistance who could diagnose the exact problem???? Whilst he was away obtain LR Ass. phone number I spoke to the driver saying that I could not believe what had just happened, he was not amused and insisted that since he had taken the trouble to drive he he felt that someone should take a look at the problem, the technician went out to the car with him so I do not know the outcome.

Not such a good experience or customer service from a main dealer!Mad

Jeff

Member of Defender2 and Disco3/4 forums, currently driving a 90 300tdi and the Evoque Dynamic which is really my wife's car.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 01:42pm by jeffersj.)
01-06-2015 01:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CRC@LandRover

Hi Jeffers,

Glad to hear that your experience has been positive so far since the recalibration.

In regards to the concern, it is a difficult situation as for urgent concerns we would always recommend contacting Land Rover Assistance, who can not only attend the vehicle and often resolve the concern as we do provide qualified technicians, but should it be necessary they can also carry out emergency recoveries to a local retailer.

However, when a vehicle has been driven to a retailer without a prior booking, it is often the case that it would be dependant on availability of a technician as for example in your situation, had that occurred prior to you arriving and the technician had been dealing with a vehicle that had not been booked in, then your appointment would have been delayed.

It is however important that matters are handled appropriately and I do agree that the initial response should be seeing what can be done pro actively.

I do appreciate the feedback.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
01-06-2015 02:39pm
JuliePF

(01-06-2015 08:44am)Pete@LandRover Wrote:  Good Morning,

Julie - I am sorry to learn of your concern on a new vehicle. Could you please send me a PM with the details as outlined at the bottom of this post and I would be happy to investigate further and provide assistance to ensure your concern is resolved.

Gary - More than happy to liaise with your retailer and ensure that they are raising any concerns that they are unable to resolve directly to our technical team. If you would like to provide the details as outlined below directly to me by PM I will look into this for you.

Andy - Thank you for the positive comments, more than happy to help.

Please include the following details with your PM:
Full Name:
Contact No:
Contact Email:
Vehicle Reg:
Land Rover Retailer:

Many thanks,
Pete

Hi Pete

Sorry for the delay in responding to your message, but my husband had a phone call from the manager at the dealership yesterday and he's agreed there's a problem with the gearbox, but he said they are waiting for a further software upgraded to be released from LR. He would like to do this upgrade first and if that doesn't resolve the problem he's talking about replacing the gearbox. Do you have an opinion on this? Many thanks.
02-06-2015 09:40pm
CRC@LandRover

Hi Julie,

Thank you for your response.

If your vehicle has had the latest update applied, this should resolve any concerns you may be experiencing. However in order to investigate, it would be beneficial for me to speak to your chosen retailer as well as our technical team regarding your specific vehicle.

More than happy to do this and provide further assistance, however I would require the following information to be sent to me by PM.

Full Name:
Contact No:
Contact Email:
Vehicle Reg:
Land Rover Retailer:

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
03-06-2015 01:16pm
JuliePF

(03-06-2015 01:16pm)Pete@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Julie,

Thank you for your response.

If your vehicle has had the latest update applied, this should resolve any concerns you may be experiencing. However in order to investigate, it would be beneficial for me to speak to your chosen retailer as well as our technical team regarding your specific vehicle.

More than happy to do this and provide further assistance, however I would require the following information to be sent to me by PM.

Full Name:
Contact No:
Contact Email:
Vehicle Reg:
Land Rover Retailer:

Many thanks,
Pete

Hi Pete

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I can't send a PM as it says I don't have permission to access this page when I click on it. Anyway, I am thinking that maybe I should let them do the next software upgrade when it's available and see what happens as I'm very worried about jeopardising my legal position if I don't let them try and resolve it first!
04-06-2015 11:17am
CRC@LandRover

Hi Julie,

Should you wish for me to assist, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you wish to email me instead, please use JLRcrcsm@Jaguarlandrover.com

Many thanks,
Pete

04-06-2015 11:42am
JuliePF

(04-06-2015 11:42am)Pete@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Julie,

Should you wish for me to assist, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you wish to email me instead, please use JLRcrcsm@Jaguarlandrover.com

Many thanks,
Pete

Thanks Pete,

I really do appreciate your offer of help and I will definitely be back in touch and let you know the outcome of the upgrade.

Kind regards.

Julie
04-06-2015 12:10pm