Nine speed ZF gearbox recall??
AndyFrance

RE: Nine speed ZF gearbox recall??

(21-05-2015 08:52am)Mikejb Wrote:  Hi Andy,
How do I do that?
Mike

Mike,

Click on your 'user CP' which is just under the 'Log out"

Click on your post, click 'Edit'..........Delete!

Regards
21-05-2015 08:57am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mikejb

Andy,
Thanks for the help. I think I've done it.
Best regards
Mike
21-05-2015 08:59am
AndyFrance

I see you'd already worked it out mate! Faster than a Nigerian scammer Wink
21-05-2015 09:00am
Mikejb

(21-05-2015 09:00am)AndyFrance Wrote:  I see you'd already worked it out mate! Faster than a Nigerian scammer Wink

Good job my granddaughter is here.
Mike
21-05-2015 09:02am
CRC@LandRover

Hi Mike,

If you do wish to attach pictures or further information, you may wish to email me directly. Please click Here

Please include the following details:
Full Name:
Contact No:
Contact Email:
Vehicle Reg:

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
21-05-2015 02:20pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Land Rover's inability to cure the problems with my Evoque's gearbox after the first load of problems that the "upgrade" caused in October 2014 were the main reason I am now driving an RRS. Prior to the upgrade there was nothing wrong with the gear changes or the way the car pulled away. After the change of software the car had terrible gear changes, pulled away in first instead of 2nd or even 3rd and the revs soared away up to 4000 rpm before the upshift occurred. Then the emissions went haywire and the DPF sensor was destroyed .................. having run an almost faultless previous Evoque from September 2011 through to March 2014 I was extremely disappointed with the 2nd one. It really makes me wonder how much testing of these upgrades gets down outside of the lab and out in the real world. The other car makers using the ZF 9 Speed gearbox don't seem to suffer the software problems that LR has suffered so it must be something that LR's developement people are doing to the software.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-05-2015 10:33pm
JuliePF

Hi everyone, I picked up my new Evoque Autobiography on the 1st March and have a problem with a very clunky, jerky gearbox. It has been back into the dealership twice and they have upgraded the software (at least I think that's what they said), but the problem is still the same (mainly between 3rd and 4th gear), but it has never had a smooth gear change between any low gear since I've had it. The dealership say they are going to speak to Land Rover about what to do next, but I am getting very frustrated with the situation. After deciding to purchase new I waited almost 6 months for this car to be built - a car that I had loved and wanted for years - but the problems with the gearbox has really taken the shine off my love for the car. You do not expect to pay almost £50k for a car and have this problem. Does anyone know how we stand legally??
31-05-2015 03:36pm
gjd10002

Hi Julie

First of all I sympathize with you. My Evoque goes into the dealer tomorrow for the 4th attempt to permanently solve all the annoying rattles the car has. It did not cost as much as yours (only £37 K) but still there are cars costing less than half that price which don't have any annoying rattles.

With respect to your legal position, I don't know how we stand legally but I know a man who probably will. Look at http://www.honestjohn.co.uk and ask him the question. You will get a reply, he's very good that way. (You may know this already but Honest John is the Daily Telegraph motoring correspondent)

My 'two penneth' on the jerky gear-changes would be to ask your dealer for the exact codes of the upgrades you have had. It is not unknown for dealers and (even Jaguar Land Rover mobile assistance people) to apply software upgrades just because the system says they need doing and not because it will solve your particular problem. (Often JLR does not tell them what the upgrades are for) For example, I had a problem with the 9 speed auto getting stuck in park but the software upgrade that I received was to do with something completely different (cars being unable to get moving on steep slippery surfaces!). Only much later did the correct software update get applied! If you quiz your dealer in detail and, if possible, get the codes, then bring them back to this site, there will be people on here who can probably tell you whether any of the upgrades you received were anything to do with solving jerky gear-changes.

Gary

(31-05-2015 03:36pm)JuliePF Wrote:  Hi everyone, I picked up my new Evoque Autobiography on the 1st March and have a problem with a very clunky, jerky gearbox. It has been back into the dealership twice and they have upgraded the software (at least I think that's what they said), but the problem is still the same (mainly between 3rd and 4th gear), but it has never had a smooth gear change between any low gear since I've had it. The dealership say they are going to speak to Land Rover about what to do next, but I am getting very frustrated with the situation. After deciding to purchase new I waited almost 6 months for this car to be built - a car that I had loved and wanted for years - but the problems with the gearbox has really taken the shine off my love for the car. You do not expect to pay almost £50k for a car and have this problem. Does anyone know how we stand legally??
31-05-2015 07:32pm
AndyFrance

Hi Julie,

It's not fair and it's not right, but there is a gentleman on this site that aims to help and resolve all of our problems and concerns. He is Pete@LandRover, and he actually does work for LR. He's helped me and I'm sure countless other's here. He'll probably read your post tomorrow and reply, but if not, you can copy your post onto his thread, which is 'customer concerns'. Type customer concerns in the search box, click, then scroll down till you see his thread.

Good luck!
31-05-2015 08:24pm
CRC@LandRover

Good Morning,

Julie - I am sorry to learn of your concern on a new vehicle. Could you please send me a PM with the details as outlined at the bottom of this post and I would be happy to investigate further and provide assistance to ensure your concern is resolved.

Gary - More than happy to liaise with your retailer and ensure that they are raising any concerns that they are unable to resolve directly to our technical team. If you would like to provide the details as outlined below directly to me by PM I will look into this for you.

Andy - Thank you for the positive comments, more than happy to help.

Please include the following details with your PM:
Full Name:
Contact No:
Contact Email:
Vehicle Reg:
Land Rover Retailer:

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
01-06-2015 08:44am