Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nice pictures
vinda

Nice pictures

Check out this prestige in red.

Tempted by these alloys. What are your opinions.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/17/2012-...r-la-2010/
27-05-2011 01:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: Nice pictures

Saw that same car yesterday at a presentation, only 3-door.
The wheels are really shiny. Too bling-bling for me, but that's personal.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
27-05-2011 08:17am
Daigriff

Love the colour but think the 20" sparkle silver alloys suit the car better (which I have specced on mine).

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
27-05-2011 09:31am
vision*R

Yeah, sparkle silver style 6 are the nicest alloys.
I've chosen style 5 (19" because they are more practical). Saw them in the flesh and they positively surprised me with the nice combination of silver outside coating and darker grey inside coating.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
27-05-2011 09:52am
Rootsboy

(27-05-2011 08:17am)vision*R Wrote:  Saw that same car yesterday at a presentation, only 3-door.

Vision r what did you think of the interior of this car, it looks like ambiance to me, and its the first time i have seen it in any good pictures, i was going to choose this, but it does not look to good in these photos to me, i think maybe it has something to do with the wood effect on the dash.
i wont get time to see any of the interiors before i order, so trying to get a good idea of all before i do. black would be obvious but i live in a hot country so no to that, the cirrus looks nice and modern, but having a child in the back and just trying to keep clean i think could prove to be a bit of a bind.
so the ambiance seems like the middle of the road option.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
(This post was last modified: 27-05-2011 03:52pm by Rootsboy.)
27-05-2011 10:34am
vision*R

Ambiance/Ivory is actually just as light as Element/Cirrus, so I think both will be equally difficult to keep clean.
At the presentation yesterday there was also the Spirit/Tan combination which I think will be the best to keep clean if you don't want black. On the other hand, it's a slightly weird colour imho.

I had the same doubts and I've ordered Element/Cirrus.
By the way you can switch the wood effect on the dash to aluminium if you want, regardless of the colour you choose.
In fact, here in Belgium all Evoques (all versions) have aluminium by default and you have to specify wood as a costless option.

(This post was last modified: 27-05-2011 10:52am by vision*R.)
27-05-2011 10:42am
Rootsboy

(27-05-2011 10:42am)vision*R Wrote:  Ambiance/Ivory is actually just as light as Element/Cirrus, so I think both will be equally difficult to keep clean.
At the presentation yesterday there was also the Spirit/Tan combination which I think will be the best to keep clean if you don't want black.

I had the same doubts and I've ordered Element/Cirrus.
By the way you can switch the wood effect on the dash to aluminium if you want, regardless of the colour you choose.
In fact, here in Belgium all Evoques (all versions) have aluminium by default and you have to specify wood as a costless option.

i can imagine that will be the same as the specifications of the cars here in spain, im still waiting to order as Spanish Land Rover still are having problems getting there ordering system working properly, but hey that the Spanish "Manana" thing going on.
maybe its a good thing as i still have not really made up my mind on a few options, and i have been told that it wont hold up my november delivery time.
i have been a bit worried about the whole leather seat in a hot county thing, and im trying to find out if the color really make a difference or not. but i think i will defiantly be ordering privacy glass, and possibly solar attenuating glass as well to help. and then will have to get a nice new sunshade for the windscreen as it sounds like the solar glass is not included on that.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
27-05-2011 10:57am
Owend

(27-05-2011 08:17am)vision*R Wrote:  Saw that same car yesterday at a presentation, only 3-door.

VisionR what was the presentation liek, I have one on the 9th in Brussels.
27-05-2011 01:33pm
vision*R

Okay but not great. I mean, if you've seen the Evoque at the Brussels car show in January, then there will be very few things to discover. There were two cars (white Prestige 5d & red Dynamic 3d) and a wall with all the colour samples and interior trims. Also, the full brochure and price list were available in printed form (at last). We've had a few drinks and things to eat, there was a DJ and most of the dealers were there. Nice to sit in the car again, but way too many people to really stay in the car for longer than 2 minutes. Nice to try the electric boot and pano roof, but the batteries were so low you couldn't even try the navigation or the stereo... And worst of all, still no confirmations about delivery times etc. The dealers haven't even started to pass their order into the LR system. Slightly disappointing but great to see the car again - it's still stunningly beautiful Wink

Oh and be careful with the shopping tour. They make you think you get a 20% discount in all the stores that take part, but when you're ready to pay it turns out it's not for article X because it's part of a new collection, or because it's brand X, or whatever. I've seen quite a few people getting angry.

(This post was last modified: 27-05-2011 03:34pm by vision*R.)
27-05-2011 03:29pm
cutter7

(27-05-2011 01:04am)vinda Wrote:  Check out this prestige in red.

Tempted by these alloys. What are your opinions.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/17/2012-...r-la-2010/
They would look cool, living in Manhattan! UK, not so sure?
27-05-2011 06:56pm