Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Next Generation Evoque in Autocar this week
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Next Generation Evoque in Autocar this week

Photoshopped expose of the Mk3 Evoque - looks like a baby Velar which is bound to put a heap of people off and doubtless prompt another price hike. No new engines and no hope of the PHEV/EV version until 2020 at the earliest. Tailgate gains the Velar “bump” below the rear window and the Velar Interior is transplanted to Evoque - I wonder if Evoque will now be available with a TFT dash and secondary displays like Velar?
As I won’t be buying another new Land Rover product ever again (I have no issues with my current 2015MY RRS, but prices are becoming ludicrous and quality is dire and not befitting such expensive cars) is doesn’t bother me - after >25 years owning Land Rover products I’ll not be returning to them for my next new car, I simply cannot afford to replace like with like now and will be buying something else next year.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-11-2017 11:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

RE: Next Generation Evoque in Autocar this week

Yep i saw that Autocar too, and i also am not a fan of Velar touches like the rounded hunch at the rear roof top, or more touch screens on the dash either...i prefer the quality feel and look of buttons.

I'm still loving my original 2012 Evoque Dynamic, as so far its been reliable for me, super comfortable, and the killer styling still looks very fresh....this design with the 20'' shadow chrome wheels,and silver colour and black contrasting roof, is still very much turning heads everywhere (and there are plenty other Evoques everywhere)

If indeed the new Evoque does take to being a small Velar, then i'll be keeping mine yet i think.
The new Jaguar e-Pace gets reasonably close, but the front design is not as good as the Evoque, and i really don't like the grab handle design on the dash.
The new Volvo XC40 is interesting in design, but not beautiful like the Evoque. However it must be said, the build quality and materials of Volvo's these days is up there with the Germans, so overall, it also gets close, but not enough to sway me away from my Evoque.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 06:00am by benzina.)
08-11-2017 02:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply